HELP! legal translation needed, please...NI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Stephany. Im here in NI too and Im just waiting for the court papers. Like you I am over the £2,000 mark so I am spliting it. The girl at the court said I couldn't do that but everyone here seems to know a whole lot more than they do so I 'm not listening to her and going ahead.

I would break your claim up to nearest figure of £2,000 on your spread sheet then add the 8% of what youre claiming for. As long as your claim is under £2,000 it doesnt matter if the interest makes you go over the £2,000 mark. (hope thats clear as mud!!) and if you have to do that 3 times then it's better being safe than sorry. But as Bluecloud says wait until that money is in your hands before you file another claim.

Hey Im blonde as well !!!!!!!!! so dont worry there's no-one on this site as clueless as me, just ask anyone especially Bluecloud. Bluecloud has helped me out sooooo many times it's embarrassing. But I am getting there thank god. Now Im the last person you would want to come to help you out with questions but I will try if I can. And if all else fails we can cry together. All for 1 and 1 for all!!!!! Here if you need me. There's lots of good people out here that can help, so you are never alone when doing this. So chin up, keep going and think of all that lovely money rolling into your account and out of the banks vault. HA HA HA HA

Cathy :grin:

Stephany. :p

Are you sure the court charges are £140. I thought they were several hundred pounds. I am at the same stage as you from NI but my head is spinning. I have read so many messages and questions and answers I have BRAIN OVERLOAD!!!Every time I decide what route to take I read up on this site and certain things change my mind. I was going to go the Civil Bill way but all that money(£700) put me off as I just don't have it. Then I was going to split my claim but I'm nervous incase the courts say no more claiming and put a stop to it. Then the option came up for claiming in England and I'm waiting to hear if I can use that option from a friend. But after reading your message about civil bill I'm back to maybe using this option as it would be easier keeping everything at home!!! But is it cheaper for you as you are on benefits or is this what everyone will be charged. Ahhhhhhhh DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY CAN'T THINK ANYMORE. MAYBE I SHOULD CHANGE MY HAIR COLOUR FROM BLONDE TO ANY OTHER COLOUR...... THEN MAYBE I WOULD BE ABLE TO THINK CLEARER. I FEEL AS THOUGH MY BRAIN IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!! HELP PLEASE. :eek: :eek: :eek:

CATHY.

Stephany.

Cathy here....... I am where you are now. Now this is what I know. Spoke to my solicitor he has given me some input of the court system.

1. He thought that splitting the cost in court, would be a misuse of court proceedure and the judge might not take too kindly to going through court hearings twice.(although it's a risk you have to take if you want to chance it.)

2. Going across the water to England to a court there but then again he felt that because this was an issue in Belfast that he thought that maybe court proceedings should go ahead here not England.

3. So this only leaves me with option 3. Which is the Civil Bill. Now this will cost a few hundred pounds in court fees (compared to £62 in small claims)not to mention solicitors fees. I feel I have no other choice but to take this road and now I have to win this or I have to pay alot of money. A chance to take but I would rather do that than possibly lose the 2nd claim by a judge not allowing me to go ahead.

Will be speaking to solicitor tomorrow and hopefully will have more info for you then if you want it.

Cathy.

Sorry Stephany forgot to say.... When you were doing your spreadsheet did it not automaticallly calculate your 8% for you when you highlighted the interest column. With your £5,000 + add the 8% on to it which will bring you well over the £6,000 mark. I think the Civil Bill is the way you have to go. It's too much money to split and you dont want to get rapped over the knuckles for wasting court time. ( Well sorry... I couldn't but if you feel "bugger it" then you go for it and you never know things could work out very very well.

BUT ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE AT THE END OF THE DAY WHAT TO DO. IT'S YOUR CHOICE MAYBE ASK FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHAT THEY THINK AND OF COURSE THERE'S ALWAYS YOUR FRIENDS HERE.

Keep in Touch.

Cathy.:-)

Hi again.

I spoke to my solicitor today and he can't work for me as his company has defended Halifax in the past so can't go against them now. Standard solicitor practice apparently. Nothing ever goes smoothly for me, typical!!!!! So I too have decided to split the claim. Letters going off tomorrow. Good Luck. Will be in touch.

Cathy. :-)

BLUECLOUD, That could be a great idea.... SEND MY SOLICITOR A PILE OF COW POO, SEEING HE LIKES TALKING IT SOO MUCH!!!!!!!! ONLY JOKING. :grin:

NO REALLY I WASN'T SURE IF HE WAS TRYING TO GET OUT OF IT OR NOT. NOW I KNOW HE WAS. MY SISTER EVEN SAID THAT SOUNDED FUNNY!! I am still very innocent with all this crap I'm told. He also told me not to split my claim, so I went out today and did the opposite he said and SENT OFF MY 1st CLAIM, (AT LONG LAST ;) ;) ;). )

HE IS NOW OFFICIALLY BEEN STRUCK OFF MY PHONE LIST. (No Christmas Card for him this year!!!)

FINGERS CROSSED EVERONE. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

NOW KNOWN AS (CATHY THE GULLIBLE.) :lol: :lol:

YOU ARE SOOOOOO RIGHT.(maybe it's a blonde thing!!!! but I like to think it's what you said we like to see the goodness in everyone.)

YOU GO GIRL. Let's start this money rolling our way for a change.

Nothing to do now for a couple of weeks but wait, read up and get ready for the next stage.

GOOD LUCK STEPHANY, WILL BE IN TOUCH.

CATHY :p

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been on. So at the moment here's how things stand.

I have already split my claim twice and I am in the process of submitting my 3rd claim. You would think that after me getting 2 sucessful claims that they would learn from this but Nooooooo they are still sending me letters. So when the letters stop I will be claiming for the 3rd time. (Thank goodness that you can just go straight to the court stage.)

Hope everyone is getting on ok with their claims and keep in touch. This will diffently finish me with Halifax and then I will start with the Northern Bank and possibly my credit cards. Although I know someone who tried to claim back their credit card charges and they would only pay half the charges and they wouldn't budge on that. Has anyone else had problems with credit card charges?