Removing defult SAR defult notice confusion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm getting all in a muddle.

I read its possible then I read the oposite

Basically I sent SAR to halifax and egg. Both packs came back and both were missing the defult notices that appear to be the key to success in removing defults

My phone call to halifax yesterday suggested she will only send templates and Basically I had terms and conditions so the defult notice wouldn't matter anyway

Can you get defults removed or is it pipe dream?

They were dated 2010 when I was out of work and too young/inexperienced to know that mistakes made now would cost me so much in future. (Trying to move home)

Any help would obviously be amazing and any more details you may need ill add.

Thanks gyus

It is not required that they keep copies of default notices sent. However, there should be a record of them having done so on their Diary of Events/Communication Log.

A template actually means nothing becuase they could make it that the content is correct (although very likely the original would not have been) ?

I am not quite sure what she means by "it doesnt matter about default notices becuase you had the original terms and conditions " ??

Sadly if the default was first recorded in 2010, it will likely be 2016 before it drops off your Credit files.

You would only be able to get it removed if it was recorded incorrectly :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Wow your quick.

This is where I get mixed up.

All advice I've seen says send a SAR and if defult notice is missing it means debt is unenforceable so you can get them to remove the default. I have got credit report and rather worryingly I have green question marks followed by 8 in red circle. Why would I have green question marks on payment history ...either they keep file upto date and they know what's going on or they don't...

Ill get photos up later so you can all see for yourself

I've seen tons of templates that suggest missing defult letters are key...but if they aren't legally obliged to keep them then why send petter at all?

Headscratch