Query regarding Lloyds and DMP

dannyfleetwood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a long story short -

I got into financial difficulty in 2009. Most of my creditors defaulted me by 2010. Ok, I accept the defaults, I deserve it.

However, Lloyds kept accepting my DMP payments until 2012 before defaulting me.

In my opinion they have punished me for trying to pay my debts off when in reality, I would have been better ignoring them for 6 months and defaulting.

Are they allowed to do this as the defaults would now be nearly 4 years old as opposed to 2 years old.

I thought banks were only supposed to accept DMP payments for a short period before defaulting you? 2 years seems a bit of a **** take in my eyes?

Thoughts?

Hello, I've had similar problems with Lloyd's, and I'm in the process of getting the accounts correctly defaulted along with refunds for the interest incorrectly charged to the account.

A couple of questions:

Is this a CC or Loan?

Do you have copies of default notices?

Do you have copies of formal demands (either from SCM or internal LTSB departments)?

If you have a copy of these I may be able to give you some advice/ let you know what I did.

CS

Nah mate just looked for them and can't find any correspondence.

My loans were defaulted in 2011 (I can sort of deal with that) but my Current Account with overdraft (which I guess would have been mainly charges) - this defaulted in 2012.