Pearson V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just starting out in gaining back the last 6 years of Halifax current account charges .... I thought I'd start by phoning my bank and requesting my statements for the last 6 years. The person I spoke to was very helpful and asked me if it was to check my charges ... I told her it was. I was then told that I would be sent an authorisation letter to begin with which I would have to wait to receive before they could arrange to send the statements, apparantly I have to authorise the £5 charge for the statements before they can send them? I asked if I could just verbally authorise it over the phone and was told "not until you receive the letter" ..... has anyone else had this, or is it a stalling technique?

Good luck to everyone and I'll keep you informed of my (hopeful) progress ...

Sarah

:-)

Pearson V Halifax

26/10 - statements requested

Pearson V Egg

01/11 - S.A.R sent with identification

Peason V GE Capital

27/10 - statements requested

Pearson V Halifax Visa

You should read through the threads and FAQ's ... get familiar with the site and get hold of your statements ... you can request these through a link on this site (not sure where tho) or direct with your bank - I'm trying this at the moment, just have to see how long it takes! Then the arduous task of calculting all the chrages and interest debited. I've got a bit baffled with some of the stuff on the site but I think once I'm at a further stage I'll understand it a bit more.

Anyway, let me know how you get on! Start your own thread in the section relevant to you and then people can keep track of what your doing and help.

Good luck!

Sarah

Pearson V Halifax

Pearson V Egg

Peason V GE Capital

Pearson V Halifax Visa

Guest bluecloud
I am just starting out in gaining back the last 6 years of Halifax current account charges .... I thought I'd start by phoning my bank and requesting my statements for the last 6 years. The person I spoke to was very helpful and asked me if it was to check my charges ... I told her it was. I was then told that I would be sent an authorisation letter to begin with which I would have to wait to receive before they could arrange to send the statements, apparantly I have to authorise the £5 charge for the statements before they can send them? I asked if I could just verbally authorise it over the phone and was told "not until you receive the letter" ..... has anyone else had this, or is it a stalling technique?

Good luck to everyone and I'll keep you informed of my (hopeful) progress ...

Sarah

She said what?

Cheeky little blighter.

It's a blatant delaying tactic as for some reason the banks have had a dramatic increase the number of "complaints" recently - can't imagine why! ;-)

I would use the standard template for sending the DPA SAR, yes it costs £10 instead of £5 pounds but you can claim the £10 back when you file at Court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html#post2480

It also gives you the first part of your timetable for the process. The bank has only 40 days to comply with the SAR.

Hope this helps.

Remember how I said they had to send out an authorisation letter before they could deduct the £5 charge for my statements ... well, logged into telephone banking yesterday and there was a £5 bank charge .... but I haven't received this "authorisation letter". So I spoke to a guy who told me my statements were sent out on 01/11/06 by first class mail?!

What was the point in telling me there was a letter that I had to receive first eh? I would have said delaying tactics, but if they've already sent my statements, then I just have to assume they really don't know what they're doing!

Still waiting on my statements to come through, as soon as I get them I'll update you!

Its really great to see people getting they're money back .... it doesn't matter how difficult Halifax make it, we can't give up!

Pearson V Halifax

Pearson V Egg

Peason V GE Capital

Pearson V Halifax Visa

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for my statements! Its now been 27 days since I requested them and 19 days since they charged me the £5.00 fee .... but yet still no statements :o( I have called them on numerous ocassions and each time am given contradictory information. What should I do? I know I should have gone the SAR way, but didnt as trusted the bank to give me good service ... pah! what a joke that is!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice? I'm going to speak to the processing department today and surely I have some right to have received my info?

Pearson V Halifax

Pearson V Egg

Peason V GE Capital

Pearson V Halifax Visa