SCOOP....Up to date news stories about bailiffs, debt, universal credit, and much more.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

look at the post from 02/04/2014 here @ 08:32 at the bottom of the story

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/11114953.Bailiffs_scrapped_and_new_charges_in_store_for_council_tax_dodgers/?action=success#comments

Do you recognise the poster

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look at the post from 02/04/2014 here @ 08:32 at the bottom of the story

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/11114953.Bailiffs_scrapped_and_new_charges_in_store_for_council_tax_dodgers/?action=success#comments

Do you recognise the poster

MM

Nice one, Essex Council will like that post Not A Lot :)

Potentially then if there are three LOs say for £50 making a total of £150 arrears the fees on each could total over £1000 with all the extras now on offer to the enforcer to apply. the sale fee being akin to the defunct head h , and say £30 per day for storage if goods are removed as will likely be the case with a car. Incidentally iof the car is third party these sale and storage fees will have to be paid in on top of the assessed value of the car into court for the interpleader if the agent or creditor refuses to accept proof of ownership. This one could see complaints to councils in the dark on interpleaders which may result in them getting an Ombudsman kicking. MOJ have really managed to engineer a way to impoverish poor people even further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you read the whole section of comments then you will see how much or little in this case that the debtors actually know what is going on.

They have no idea, I have tried ever since becoming aware of the new regs, one thing that has come out of my brow beating is that the local ALMO will not now use EA's for current rent arrears, but only for former rent arrears, finally got this passed to the board last Tuesday.

they will now only use a DCA to collect current arrears, guess who the DCA is ? MOORCROFT lol

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

MM the powers that be hope that the public are largely unaware of the realities of enforcement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you read the whole section of comments then you will see how much or little in this case that the debtors actually know what is going on.

They have no idea, I have tried ever since becoming aware of the new regs, one thing that has come out of my brow beating is that the local ALMO will not now use EA's for current rent arrears, but only for former rent arrears, finally got this passed to the board last Tuesday.

they will now only use a DCA to collect current arrears, guess who the DCA is ? MOORCROFT lol

MM

OMG see what you mean

"arnmountyouknowitmakessense says...

They should consider property and car seizures to recoup the lost revenue, they would soon cough up, if their flat screen TV's were about to be taken, hit them hard, hit them fast."

Clueless, what do they think they do already!!!!!!!!

I find it incredible the way some people are so flippant and think they can get away with it all, guess what ? wake up smell the roses and hear the bailiffs chirping

I have you now, lots of dollar for me no goods for you, the Auction houses around this area have been very busy atm, but soon there will be one a week for the sale of seized goods.

The way everything is going even if you are in receipt of benefits they WILL levy on you, then by the time you see the damage its a significant debt.

With all the extra charges will the new fees taking it ever closer to the magical £1500-00, then the extra % fees on top of that then you will lose everything you own, why because you thought it "cool" to not pay the council tax bill, or if you are very unlucky simply because you cannot afford it, then if this happens I think could see a different type of crime rise to fund the fees.

This can only see impoverished people getting ill for lack of being able to eat properly, ( a possibility ) then you will see that these poor souls looking for hand-outs from the very people that put them there!!

Already food banks are at capacity for those looking for food already, how much further can a person go before they break?

The snowball effect as I now call it is blindingly painful even for me that this so called reform is going to hurt far too many people in the next few months.

MM

It doesn't look good at all MM, I can see it now, a Mexican stand off between a Brighthouse manager and the bailiff out to take all the debtors goods, but most ar from Brighthouse on the knock.

A very interesting post on SCOOP this morning linking to a website (below)

http://simply-wrong.com/new-bailiff-regulations-april-6th-2014/

It is my understanding that many local authorities have viewed this article over the weekend and the content is being debated on local authority forums.

I am pleased to see that some sections have been directly copied from my posts on this forum (I have no problem with this at all). Well done

Do these new laws only apply in England and Wales? There are no bailiffs in Scotland, there are Sheriff Officers.

England and Wales, Scotland has its own laws.

With all the extra charges will the new fees taking it ever closer to the magical £1500-00, then the extra % fees on top of that then you will lose everything you own, why because you thought it "cool" to not pay the council tax bill, or if you are very unlucky simply because you cannot afford it, then if this happens I think could see a different type of crime rise to fund the fees.

I can see a rise in bailiffs going to hospital, (or worse). Take everything someone owns and they are inclined to ensure they are put in prison in order to survive. To ensure they do, they will take their revenge on the people who did it to them.

A sensible offer to repay a debt within a few months may take practically all of your income. I would say the Human Rights Court is going to get flooded very soon with lawsuits against enforcement companies based on the fact that it would be against anyone's human rights to leave them destitute.

Where are the protests from Labour, one wonders?

These changes were instigated by Labour, the ConDems ignored the potential consequences and introduced them anyway. probably looked at the Enforcement Industry as a growth area for jobs.

Hi guys

So does this new rule account for secured debts or both insecure and secure ?

Gaz

Any debt where a CCJ is involved probably, but a secured debt may lead to the debtor losing their home, an unsecured debt with a CCJ a call from an Enforcement Agent to take control of their goods.

The main area here will be council tax liability orders and Council PCN enforcement imho.

Ok cool

So an unsecured credit card from 2002 shouldn't cause any problems even though I still get phone calls regarding it from numerous companies !!!!!! Annoying as reading on here if it's over 6 years they can't legally chase you

Gareth

For these regulations to affect you the dastardly DCA needs to get a CCJ most likely unlawfully by misrepresentationon the Statute Barred debt, then send an Enforcement Agent to collect or seize your goods. No CCJ no collect, if a drone doorstep debt collector from Snotcall, Muckhall, or Moorcarp were to fturn up on the door and say they were an Enforcement Agent and claim they could seize goods the police would doubtless like to feel their collars. These Regulations DO NOT apply to a DCA.

Can I be critical for a moment.

I started a new thread a week or so ago as a DISCUSSION thread about the new regulations and the reason for that was so that questions regarding the new rules are directed to that thread only. In that way other 'threads' stay on the topic.

This thread is an important one to highlight new press articles of interest to enforcement concerning council tax, parking etc.

For instance, if anyone reads SCOOP today they will see an interesting article featured in today's Telegraph newspaper regarding last night's Panorama programme !! (queries of which should be posted on the relevant thread).

Perhaps site team could move the posts above and my replies regarding DCA to the DCA forum, to tidy this thread TT

In the Torygraph, a report damning the bailiffs in the Panorama programme

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/10750769/Bailiffs-inflating-fees-for-parking-fines.html

Can I just ask for clarification... I understand that the processes have changed and that the fees have been substantially increased. What are the variations to our own rights.... for example: A bailiff never used to have right of access to your home... being permitted access through open doors and windows only... is this still the case? Is a person still free to leave the door shut in the knowledge that if the force entry they will be committing an offence or have the new rules also provided the "Enforcement Officer" new powers?

"Why vote for them?" is a perfect question. I am astonished that Labour put together a piece of legislation that is aimed squarely at destroying the most vulnerable people in society... after all they are allegedly the ones who are supposed to look out for the poorer people.

They say that you can gauge the level of civilisation by examining the way they treat their most vulnerable - it seems to me that we are moving backwards at a fair old rate of knots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks