worried being evicted on 30th january

vallpnew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, it is definitely GE money who is the Claimant. Are you OK with editing the statement ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You don't need to put represented by simply law, just GE Money

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, did you ask at the court if there were any duty legal advisors there on the 29th ?

Don't listen to GE, in fact unless they are going to withdraw the eviction notice don't talk to them at all ! The decision about what happens in the hearing is not theirs, no matter what they tell you! it's the judge's decision.

The hearing will be held in a room with just the judge, you and rep for GE - it is usually held around a table, much like a meeting, nothing like the courtroom scenes you see on TV. You will find that the judge will know you are nervous and they are usually very good at helping you along. The hearing will only take 5 - 10 minutes. If there are any duty legal advisors at court ask if yu can speak to them, they can accompany you into the hearing and support your case.

Did you get an appointment with the doctor to get a letter done ?

That's ok, it all helps :)

Excellent - do they have anyone who could go to court with you for support ?

What about asking at the local housing authority ? (who wrote the letter), they sometimes have advisors that can go to court

What part of the country are you in ?

I have sent you a private message

Hi, what time is your hearing ?

I'm sending you a pm

I submitted the doctors letter,domestic abuse and council letter to the court yesterday and shelter have emailed a supporting letter to court today. I am absolutely terrified of the hearing tomorrow, is there anything else I can do to add to my case . School are giving me a supporting letter but it won't be ready till morning.

Please try to stay positive - you have a lot of supporting documents for the judge to consider. Make sure you approach the duty solicitor when you get to the court.