02 Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help Needed

I have had a contract with O2 online since 2002, recently I haven't been using it so I enquired about cancelling my contract and the penilties involved with doing so. Only to be told by the customer services team that when I upgraded my phone last Dec I was put on an 18 month contract not my normal 12 month one , so it would cost me £150 to cancel it.

Obviously I questioned this as I wasn't told when I upgraded that it was going on an 18 month contract,If I had been told I wouldn't have agreed as I don't see the point in 18 month ones, plus why when for 3 years where I have been on a 12 month contract would I suddenly change? Plus I have just realised I'm being charged £5 more a month for this contract.

Anyway yesterday and this morning I have spoke to 3 people at O2 who had said the same 'it's in our notes you agreed to this and theres nothing more we can do', so I have sent an email of complaint to O2 regarding this, I'm not holding my breath for a quick response.

Where do I stand on this?

not to sure on where you stand, but for getting a better deal from o2, try:

ringing and saying you want to cancel contract and they will try to get you to stay by offering deals

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

not to sure on where you stand, but for getting a better deal from o2, try:

ringing and saying you want to cancel contract and they will try to get you to stay by offering deals

Tried that one already, they are not interested as far as they are concerned because they have notes on the system saying I agreed there is nothing they can do. I'm really unhappy about this and have expressed this to the customer services team, stating that is they valued me as a customer then they would offer me something I mean I've been with them 4 years and never had a complaint with them until now.

hello there. i used to work for vodafone so i might be able to offer some help.

can you tell me how you upgraded? (was it over the phone?)

did you sign any paperwork?

thanks,

seq

Hi,

My contract is via O2 online so I upgraded over the phone as I have done since I took out the contract in 2002.I didn't sign a contract when I upgraded last year I never have when I'm just upgrading my handset, which as far as I was concerned last December that was all that I was doing.

With it being an online contract I don't think I have ever signed one,I have no paperwork at home and a contract is something that I would keep, even if it was from 2002.

The industry has moved en masse to 18month contracts as standard, and this has not been widely publicised. Basically, it gives them a bettre handle on churn, and as the clock effectively re-sets each time you have your phone replaced, it may have been mentioned to you as part of the arrangement but not highlighted as a major change - if you see what I mean. You will have accepted their contract verball, so will have no documentation, but the contract is online and can be viewed. If you are SURE you were never told of the change fromn 12 > 18, you can dispute it and ask them to provide the evidence of your agreement - this may be as an email or voice recording. If they cannot substantiate their claim, you can walk away from the deal, so give then 21 days to provide this in WRITING (includes email) and if they do not, demand the account is closed within 30 days, as you are giving them notice.

Help Needed

I have had a contract with O2 online since 2002, recently I haven't been using it so I enquired about cancelling my contract and the penilties involved with doing so. Only to be told by the customer services team that when I upgraded my phone last Dec I was put on an 18 month contract not my normal 12 month one , so it would cost me £150 to cancel it.

Obviously I questioned this as I wasn't told when I upgraded that it was going on an 18 month contract,If I had been told I wouldn't have agreed as I don't see the point in 18 month ones, plus why when for 3 years where I have been on a 12 month contract would I suddenly change? Plus I have just realised I'm being charged £5 more a month for this contract.

Anyway yesterday and this morning I have spoke to 3 people at O2 who had said the same 'it's in our notes you agreed to this and theres nothing more we can do', so I have sent an email of complaint to O2 regarding this, I'm not holding my breath for a quick response.

Where do I stand on this?

My daughter was having a similar problem with T Mobile, 5 phone calls and 3 letters no result. One letter sent direct to the CHief Executives office showing my consumer action group email address and within 2 days an email from his office apologising and cancelling all charges as requested. RESULT!!!! Get a consumer action email it shows you mean business