Bradders vs Halifax.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We left Halifax last year cos of their stinking attitude and stupid charges. We eventually paid off the joint a/c O/D and closed the a/c and I'm in the process of paying my O/D off so I can close it.

Then I heard about claiming unfair banks charges back on MSE and this site.

So, sent my SAR off with my £10 chq, which they cashed in under a week, received no confirmation later and almost at the 40 days I had received no statements, I rang then to query as the chq had been cashed so long ago I thought statements might be lost in post, but oh no they say to me "We are well within our 40 days Madam." sure enough I receive statements two days later, all in one package and it cost them over a fiver to post! Good!

Went thru' statements, joint a/c has £608 in charges and my own a/c just £210.. LOL! There's me going thru' statements sayin g "C'mon, gve me more charges!" Yes, give me an indication of how crap I have handled my money eh?! Bring it on!

So I am sending the 2nd letter today asked for £818 back, plus my £10 fee that I paid for my statements.. I am sure they will wait until day 13 until they respond!

My hubby is sceptical and has lots of charges on his own Lloyds TSB a/c... I told him to go down the route I am going to get them back, but he wants to "Wait and see if I am successful first!" I think he's mad, we could end up with a windfall all at once if he pursued his own claim.

I used to have a Credit Card with Halifax, been closed for a while, as has my Halifax Loan, can I apply for those charges too?

Anyway, wish me luck... I love this site BTW!

Bradders. x

If your credit card and loan were within 6 years then yes, you can claim back charges on those accounts. Sens a SAR on those too.

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358