help non compliance---swift advances

karenscollie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi at the end of last month i sent of for my sar with the £10 fee to swift advances which i got in 3 days however there was fees missing ,fees was not broken down etc and i was sure that they was not including some data, on the 9th oct i sent a non compliance letter to them but i have had no reply all letters are sent recorded and know they have received it ,they had 33 days to comply on the 9th oct ...what do i do now ? should i send another letter ...if so does anyone have a template of what i should be sending...thanks

karen xx

Hi Karen

Send them the appropriate letter from this page.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

I would suggest the final one, post number three. If you do not receive a satisfacory response, then look here and begin an action against them in your County Court for non-compliance.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

hi and thanks for the fast reply just worked out that their 40 days is up on the 11th of november should i wait till then? the last letter i sent was template 1 of the link you gave me in the previous post thanks again

karen x

Hi Karen

There is no harm in reminding them of their obligations, but do bear in mind you are not trying to find a new pen friend.

In your position I would send the reminder letter again, edited appropriately as you are sending it again and enclose a copy of your first letter.

Inform them that they have XX days to comply and that you will not extend the deadline for compliance but will issue a County Court claim should the deadline expire.

You may wish to add a paragraph such as this.

I am prepared to accept that this is a genuine oversight on your part and look forward to receiving the information I requested. However, should the statutory 40 day deadline expire without receipt of the information that I have requested I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court action under section 7 and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 years later...
Hi Karen

There is no harm in reminding them of their obligations, but do bear in mind you are not trying to find a new pen friend.

In your position I would send the reminder letter again, edited appropriately as you are sending it again and enclose a copy of your first letter.

Inform them that they have XX days to comply and that you will not extend the deadline for compliance but will issue a County Court claim should the deadline expire.

You may wish to add a paragraph such as this.

I never got all my details after my SAR request, they even said they had stuff they were holding on to.

I dont know whats happening now they seem to have `huffed` and will not answer my letters

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If you have sent a Subject Access Request to Swift and they are 'holding' documents, then a LETTER BEFORE ACTION giving them 7 days, there is NO reason NOT to comply with a SAR under the Data Protection Act...

I know that they got 2 SDAR requests sometime ago more like 80 days and maintain the guy who signed for them does not exist????

but the po has a signed sig.

so dont hold your breath folks

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?: