seashell vs abbey

seashell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone I have asked in total from abbey £740.00 to date they have given me back £60.00 I accepted this as part payment, They have now given me another £240.00 I want to file a claim what should I do

You need to write back saying thanks, i accept as a prt payment and proceed with your claim as normal.

Have they actually written to you telling you what these amounts are for or is it just a payment into your account?

If its the latter igonore them in terms of your claim and caveat it with something along the lines of I will be happy to amend the claim when the amount of chagres applied to your accoubnt is finalised by the abbey.

I would write to them and asl them for clairifcation of what these amounts are for if they havent told you already and thank them as well as accepting it in part payment.

i think theres a new template for part payments.

This is all JMHO

Hopefully some others will come along and chip in too.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi

They have put in into my account I called them tofind out what it was for and they said it was there final offer so I said I would be issuing a claim but I don't know how to do that can you help me please.

Hi Seashell have you read followed the step by step guide?

Putting a claim in can be done through money claim online i havent got to the stage of actually putting my claim in yet so cant give detailed advoce.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thank you because the Abbey have given me £300.00 back I have not accepted this but it is in my bank account do I include that amount or not.

On money claim I have got to the bit where you put how much you are claiming and then it calculates how much it is going to cost you. It said £80.00 but then you have to fill in what and why you are claiming and that is the bit I am stuck on.

Seashell

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can any one help please the Abbey owed me £705.00

they have given me back £300.00 so I now need t o claim £405.00 so the £300.00 they have given me back do i take that off from 6 years ago or from my last statement

there is a page here but not sure it will fit, i tried it and didnt get it all in so had to issue n1 in person at my local court.

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Hi Seashell try this it worked for me:

1. The Claimant has an account xxxxxxxx with the Defendant which was opened on or around xxxxxxxxxxx.

2. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £xxxxxxx;

c) Court costs;

d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

e) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 31st Oct 2000 to 28th Aug 2006 of £xxxxx and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx p.

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true

Hi at the moment I am trying to fill in the particualrs of claim someone did help me but the words were to many and they wouldn't except it also after you press submit do they ask for your account number because I haven't had to put that in yet