Faulty part on motorcycle

zaffie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

need some advice. February 2013 wheel bearings went on Honda fireblade chewing up wheel rim. Cost nearly £1000 to repair. August 2013 wheel bearings went again to their credit garage replaced FOC after Honda refused warranty claim (more than six months) September 2013 thought wheel bearings had gone again even worse told need another new wheel. Of course Honda refused warranty claim because of six month rule.

Have written to garage using Sale of Goods Act giving them 7 days to repair/replace. However garage keep saying they are fighting my case with Honda even though I pointed out my contract was with them.

Any advice or is court action my only option? thanks

Don't get the 6 months. Normally parts, especially genuine fitted by an approved agent are guaranteed for 1 year and any failure and subsequent damage caused by that failure would be covered. The guarantee/warranty on the part applies from the first repair only so if the 3rd, 4th, 5th .....failure is more than one year from repair one then it is not covered. Essentially subsequent repairs are repairs to the first repair only up until the warranty expires. Then you'd pay for a new one and the process starts again.

The fact that you've had more than one repair assuming it's all in the same 365 days suggests something else is amiss.