Rob v Abbey.....

ROB_5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just got my claim underway with Abbey

Sent of SAR last month and today got the reply :

"The last 14 months statements will be sent in the next 5-7 days. Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer printout of this infiormation, however we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2000 and 2005 under seperate cover."

Is this ok? Any idea how soon after the 1 months worth of statements, the microfiche data should arrive?

Thanks

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

received microfiche statements today.

It lists all the charges etx but doesnt say what the balance was.

How do i work out the interest without knowing the balance.?

Thanks

Hi Rob,

I didn't bother calculating the interest for my claim as I found it all too confusing. Sent my prelim letter just over a week ago, just asking for a refund of charges. I have absolutely no idea how any of this would affect your mortgage......what about opening a new account elsewhere and arranging for your mortgage to be paid from there??

Prelim request letter sent 19/10/06

Reply from complaints Dept received 01/11/06

GOGW received 11/11/06 for £210

Hi Rob,

I didn't bother calculating the interest for my claim as I found it all too confusing. Sent my prelim letter just over a week ago, just asking for a refund of charges. I have absolutely no idea how any of this would affect your mortgage......what about opening a new account elsewhere and arranging for your mortgage to be paid from there??

Its an Abbey mortgage though, so i'd imagine it has to be paid from an Abbey account?

Yes, Rob!!!

More or less, anything that looks like its gone straight back into their hands without them having agreed it with you, and it usually says 'chg' at the end of it like you said.

For Example: Unlike an authorised overdraft, which is agreed with them, so they are allowed.

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, got my prelim letter ready to post.

Just wondering abut how i add the interest for the lba stage. I dont have any balances on the microfilche statements and also i have an authorised overdraft on my account for £1800.

Thanks

Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Ive got an £1800 overdraft on my account. Do you think Abbey will want this back before they look at my claim?

Im claiming over £1800 but i havent got the money to clear the overdraft.

Thanks

I have an abbey mortgage myself all i did was open an umbrella account and then rung abbey mortgage and requested a dd form filled it in with the new umbrella details and sent it back, little while later got a letter back from abbey saying that they confirmed that the dd had been setup ok. they dont really care were they get the money from.

Good luck with the claim

Regards pmahonc