J Vs HSBC ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK. So I managed to get through to a real person on the second attempt and it was D. D'Aubney, all beit a very miserable one. Think she is getting a bit peeved off with all the calls about charges but that was where the luck ended....... passed straight to someone elses answer machine! Fortunatly my call was returned but I couldnt understand what the persons name was. However she was polite and explained that she was waiting for a responce from HSBC as to what to do to finalise this issue. So I explained that I was willing to help in any way possible and left it at that.

So the final date for the AQ is the 3rd of this month... is the £100 automaticaly added on to the disputed amount? Also if they make an offer for the full amount just after I have paid what do I do???

Thanks.

J.

HSBC Owing £618.00 charges + £106.57 Interest = £724.57 total. See how I went about doing it here

Preliminary letter sent - 20.10.06

Found out the Postoffice have LOST the prelim letter - 7.11.06!!! :mad:

Re-sent prelim letter - 8.11.06

Confirmed delivery - 15.11.06

LBA sent recorded delivery - 23.11.06

HSBC offer £525, Rejected 7.12.06

MCOL filed with revised sum of £744.10 - 17.12.06

Letter of Acknowledgement recieved - 22.12.06

Statements sent to DG and courts - 27.12.06 (NEARLY THERE!!)

AQ letter recieved - 17.01.07

AQ Letter handed in to court - 02.02.07

Letter from D&G offering full amount -03.02.07:D

Money in account - 14.02.07!!

We get charged enough in TAXES and just general living without those whom we trust with managing what little money we do get to keep unlawfully charging us, especialy when their profits are so huge.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi jase - wondered how you were getting on - it's a good sign that they know who you are. offers are coming later and later - don't miss the aq deadline - that's the big advice. there's lots of stuff how to do it - including the new strategy for section g.

the aq costs 100 and that to me gives you another reason to contact dg - to notify them that your price to settle is going up by 100. (if your claim is over 1500). if they offer just after you've paid - you simply write your own acceptance letter back to them and base it on the inclusion of the 100. if they offer just before it's due - and you accept - ring the court for a delay on the aq deadline (only if it's 100% offer). ok, with all that - just don't miss the deadline.

Hey Lateralus! hows you?

Just finished filling out the AQ ready for saturdays deadline... Need to find out if the courts are open on a saturday... But it looks like I am going all the way to the end. Still nearly there...

So if I understand things right, if they offer me the full amount before the deadline I call the courts and ask for an extention on the deadline. Is it to wait for the money to actually turn up in my account? If they offer just after I pay the £100 I reply accepting in the understanding that they are to also add on top the extra £100 for dragging their butts! Either way the AQ must go in before the deadline.

I know I am just repeating what you have wrote but I want to get it clear in my head the ins and outs, plus so it is clear for everyone else when they read it.

Thanks again Lateralus!! x

HSBC Owing £618.00 charges + £106.57 Interest = £724.57 total. See how I went about doing it here

We get charged enough in TAXES and just general living without those whom we trust with managing what little money we do get to keep unlawfully charging us, especialy when their profits are so huge.

just off to bed - you just caught me. anyway - that's all correct - and i don't think they are open weekends - so if you are handing it in it's 4pm friday. don't miss that deadline. also, have you added that bit at section g? the new strategy stuff. assuming you used all this:

:Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

and this:New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

if its an N149 AQ at G (other information) write

the info i had previously posted here has been updated - don't want anyone else using this although it was ok if you already did. sorry if that all sounds a bit jumbled. if anyone has questions about aq's. using the two links above: let me try once more: in filling out the aq - for section g, use the wording on post #3 of new strategy link, and then attach draft order for directions - use wording on post #2 of new strategy link. other than that - use the aq-guide to completion link to fill it in.

forgive the cut and paste - i'm still getting to grips with all the aq stuff.

are you happy with what you've done? put it on here and let someone brighter than me have a look if you want, just to be sure it's all ok.

only if you want to. good luck, i'm watching for that all important - got my offer news from you! fingers crossed - might be worth one last call to dg tomorrow - telling them you are filing your aq - last chance to offer before the price goes up. fingers crossed for you.

Well handed in the AQ and it didnt cost me anything. Apparently it only costs if the amount is over £1500. So now I sat back and wait........

That looks like the wording I used for section G, I didnt include a breakdown with this one though.... Not sure if I would have needed to. Thanks again Lateralus, I will keep you upto date.

How is your dispute going Lisa?

J.

yours is another one i can't believe has gone on soooo long. never mind - it's the way the cookie crumbles - and now, it really won't be long.

they have the same deadline and by looking around, it seems they don't always put one in (in fact, lots of times they don't) the game follows this pattern - if they don't file (by the 3rd), sometimes the judge gives them another 7 days to file but then if they don't, you win by default. and as them filing would entail them laying certain things before the court - which they don't want it to get to court - sometimes they bow out with little or no fanfare - and sometimes they do file then it would be another few weeks to wait for a court date to be set.

did you include the draft direction found in the new stategy (i've really taken advice of this now and may have told you to do it had i been more clued up - but it's a six or one/half dozen thing) - but, out of curiosity - did you add the draft order?

i'll keep an eye but you must too - one on the courts - like i'd call maybe mon/tues to see if they have filed their aq (talk to courts, not dg), if they haven't then just say to the court person - so what happens next?

i'd also keep an eye on your account - they sometimes just fold and put money in with no paperwork. and also watch for an offer of less than you want listing interest or some reason for it being less than a full offer - (i think that's a scare tactic). anyway - keep posting, yours is one i'm keeping a close eye on - you are very, very close - i'm sure of it!!!!!

Lateralus, you dont kow how right you were!!! Less than 2 hours after your post a letter dropped on to my floor from D&G offering me the full amount!! The usual letter stating that they would win in court, that the offer is due to cost reasons, confidentiality bit (which has been crossed out!) so all I need to do is sign it and get it in the post. Will let you know when the money reaches my account.

Thanks for everyones help and advice especialy you Lateralus, big hug and sloppy kiss for ya! ;)

J.

super dooper! i think i'm psycic or psychotic or neurotic or something - it's these long ones that are killing me!

i'm sooooo pleased for you. i'll take that big hug and sloppy kiss and give one to the little guy for me! i'm chuffed to bits, really glad it finally got there. made my day! now go have some fun...........but, spend wisely.

here's some stuff:When You Get Your Refund also, can you pm:blueskiesor any mod. and get your thread moved to successes. need new stories - good news ones like yours there for the newbies

congratulations!

Thanks guys. Will PM the mods when the money is in my account. Dont want to tempt fate!!!

It is a great feeling but I will be happier when the money is in my account. Still just about there!! :D

Thanks Gemz. Just been reading your post and it sounds like your a couple weeks from having your money.

One quick question though, what do I tell the courts cause I dont want to stop the claim untill the money is in my account?

Thanks as always!!

J.

Jason

I wrote this to the court today

Claim No.*********

I wish to inform the court that the defendants in the above claim have written to me offering an ex gratia payment in full and final settlement of this claim. In principal have decided to accept their offer and I am currently in negotiation with them as to the terms and conditions they have attached to the offer.

Should the claim be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties I shall inform the court immediately and withdraw my claim.

Hi Siena.

Just sent out the letter today, thanks muchly! Nearly finished harassing HSBC, seems a shame I dont have anyone else to pick on. ;)

congratulations j well done!!

hey siena, ive started helping friends out with theirs - and they have been paid out before any of this nonsense of going to mcol... just goes to show that there's not method in hsbc's madness!!! lol

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi guys.

Checked the bank and the money has gone in! So its all finished as far as I am concerned...... Although I will be looking to see if there has been any adverse effect to my 'credit rating' cause of the charges and will be dealing with them in due course.

Anyway thanks for all the advise and support, needless to say there will be a donation very soon to the site and I will of course be helping as much as I can.

Thanks again guys!!

J.