Moorcroft debt collector on my doorstep...catalogue debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Newby here so here goes,

I had a catalogue debt a few years ago, (8yrs)

I went to cab who helped me and

I was paying them the min payment of a £1 per month

I never ever missed a payment and

the catalogue company kept putting their payments up and I said I couldn't pay them and they kept ignoring my letters but i kept paying the £1,

they put their payments up to £112.00 and I didn't pay them

the debt went sky high as they added interest and missed payment fees it's been a nitemare,

I kept paying the £1( last payment was July 2012) hoping it would go to court

but instead I got a letter to say the debt had been taken over by moorcroft debt

I looked at my credit file and it as been added by the catalogue company as a default,

tbh I screwed the moorcroft letters up as I was annoyed,

last Thursday(15.05.3013) a moorcroft collector turned up at my door,

( i didnt answer so he put a card through)

I sent them a letter about coming to my door without a appointment ,

don't know what else to do now just waiting for next letter to come,

I'm so annoyed

You should really put in a claim to have all of those penalty charges refunded together with the associated interest.

Have you got all of your statements.

Did CAB not do anything regarding asking the lender to freeze interest?

The cat company say it's been passed over to moorcroft and to deal with them, cab were very helpful at the time and got my payments right down,

I'm just at a loss what to do about moorcroft

You will need the statements of account to work out what charges and interest you are going to reclaim.

If there are going to be these charges on the statements you are missing then you will need to SAR the catalogue company to get them.

You will need this spreadsheet to work out the claim amount.

CISheet v101.xls

When you have this information your claim will go to the catalogue company.

Ok so I send this letter with a £10 po and they send all my information back to me? What if they don't ? As there very unhelpful what do I do then?

I do appreciate you taking time out to help me thank you ever so much

They will have 40 days to comply. If they do not then they are in breach of the Data Protection Act and you can sue to force them to comply.

While waiting for the SAR response, dig out the statements which you do have.

Write to moorcroft and tell them to bugger off. If they are only acting on behalf of a creditor, they cant do anything. At all.

Who is the named company on your credit file in relation to this debt?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ignore Moorcroft. If they come calling again, TELL them to leave or you will call the police. They have zero rights. Its the same as a random person knocking on your door and demanding money. You wouldnt pay them would you?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks