Drivers license help

EssexRob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My drivers license picture expired in 2011, before i could have a new photo done my license was stolen (home invasion) i have yet to have it done.

The problem, i dont have my old license to send back and its only just come to me that i havent had it done! As i say, i was subject to a brutal home invasion where i was stabbed multiple times and almost killed in my home. I suffer from severe PTSD to this day because of it. Ive only just remembered that the photo was out of date after reading a thread on here about it....it had totally gone out of my mind. I had more pressing issues, ie moving and trying to sort my head out. My license was in my wallet, which was stolen at the time.

How do i go about getting a new photo license? I cant send the old one as it was stolen, i reported this to the DVLA shortly after the incident as far as i can remember, as well as the police for obvious reasons. I dont remember them sending me any forms, im sure i looked into it before but found it was a hassle and forgot about it until now!!! I cant even remember if i told them my new address....im sure i did, but i cannot be certain. A long time has passed, and now im worrying il get in trouble for not renewing the picture. I was moved by the council as i could not bare going back to the place i almost lost my life, it was apparently like a scene from a horror movie, blood splattered walls, trails of blood....i was told this by my parents who went to clear my property.

Can i do it online? Should i call them? More stress i dont really need, but i feel it is something that needs dealing with ASAP now i realize i havent had it done. Its not one of those things you remember at the best of times, let alone after what i went through.

I dont have a passport anymore as that ran out in 2012...so i dont think i can do it online. I have lived at my property for less than 3 years...i dont have the drivers license number as it was stolen

Thanks in advance :)

You need to get a form from the post office, D1, Application for a drivers license.

You also need to get new passport sized pictures taken. You willl need your photo signed as a true likeness.

Check the box - to replace my license as it's been stolen & check the box - to renew my license with a new photo.

You cant do it online as you've no passport.

The fee is £20

scotgal 

Signed....like a passport photo is signed by a doctor or other professional?

Brilliant, that you for your help. I have a friend who is a criminal psychologist, i think he can sign my photo :)

Il get the form today and sort out a picture.

Yes professionally qualified people can sign it..police doctors lawyers civil servants teachers MPs etc as long as they've known you personally for two years, not at the same address or a relative

btw sorry to read about your horrific experience. Getting your license in order is a wee step back to normality.

Onwards and upwards x

scotgal 

Yes professionally qualified people can sign it..police doctors lawyers civil servants teachers MPs etc as long as they've known you personally for two years, not at the same address or a relative

btw sorry to read about your horrific experience. Getting your license in order is a wee step back to normality.

Onwards and upwards x

Fantastic, il crack on with it...one less stress lol

Thanks for the kind words, im lucky i am here to even have to renew my license lol. Im sure in time life will go back to normal, still fighting some demons but nowhere as near as bad as i was last year :) Time is a great healer

You may find you don't need to bother with the hassle of getting it signed. As it is a replacement I think you will find in the notes that it says something like "if your likeness has not changed significantly since your last photo...." Don't forget that although you hav elost your licence, there is still a copy at DVLA so they already know roughly what you look like :)

Quote taken from page 12 of the INF1D information booklet on how to complete a form D1

You do not need someone to sign your photo if you

are updating the photo on your licence.