LT vs HSBC!

laurenbelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And so the journey begins! I don't have much to claim back maybe around £250 from HSBc and the same from RBS but that amount could stop me from snowballing charge after charge each month( you know the type when there is nothing left in your bank account and they charge you a charge and that makes you go over your limit so you are charged a charge on top of that?) i have a couple of questions firstly i have read about a spreadsheet on here can you tell me how i can get ahold of that and secondly i know i am going to get a bunch of charges this month (tightest of all tight months!) should i wait till i get these before i claim so i can add these on? Thank you in advance and thatnk you for a great and helpful forum - it makesa my blood boil when i see what these banks are (were) able to get away with!

RBOS - 13/11/06 Preliminary approach for

repayment SENT awaiting reply

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

- 16/11/06 REPLY RECEIVED offering £150

- 19/11/06 Letter sent accepting offer, on the

condition that all pending charges be lifted.

- 22/11/06 Money in the bank! VICTORY!

HSBC - 20/11/2006 Preliminary approach for

by 5/12/2006 - claim £320

Reply received offering £320 but by that stage charges were up to £350 and £125 pending. Requested £350 to be refunded and pending charges removed - DONE AND DUSTED on the 9/12/2006!!!

And so the journey begins! I don't have much to claim back maybe around £250 from HSBc and the same from RBS but that amount could stop me from snowballing charge after charge each month( you know the type when there is nothing left in your bank account and they charge you a charge and that makes you go over your limit so you are charged a charge on top of that?) i have a couple of questions firstly i have read about a spreadsheet on here can you tell me how i can get ahold of that and secondly i know i am going to get a bunch of charges this month (tightest of all tight months!) should i wait till i get these before i claim so i can add these on? Thank you in advance and thatnk you for a great and helpful forum - it makesa my blood boil when i see what these banks are (were) able to get away with!

Here is the spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Hi you can start you claim with the SAR and add the charges when the statements arrive.

• Confused 1

Ok i am back and have filled in the spreadsheet but i have a few questions,

1. Can you tell me do i automatically charge the interest?
  2. Also i am expecting more charges to be added to my account for next month should i wait to find out what these are first before i send the claim in or is there an amendment i can make to the original letter?
  3. I calculate that you have taken £229 (the amount charged) plus £XXX (is this where i put the interest?) which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .
  4. The schedule of charges, is that the excel worksheet?
  5. I have also read about having a black mark against your name for future bank dealings (loan, mortgage etc) does anyone know if this is the case?

Thank you again!

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

Reply received offering £320 but by that stage charges were up to £350 and £125 pending. Requested £350 to be refunded and pending charges removed - DONE AND DUSTED on the 9/12/2006!!!

Any help anyone?

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

2. Also i am expecting more charges to be added to my account for next month should i wait to find out what these are first before i send the claim in or is there an amendment i can make to the original letter?
  3. I calculate that you have taken £229 (the amount charged) plus £XXX (is this where i put the interest?) which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .
  5. I have also read about having a black mark against your name for future bank dealings (loan, mortgage etc) does anyone know if this is the case?

Thank you in advance for any help!

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

anybody? Please..

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone else has a small claim? Mine is less than £400 from HSBC and £178 from RBOS - do they settle these quicker to get them out of the way (wishful thinking) or do they drag them out to the end thinking that no one will spend that much time and money for such a little?

Also i received a statement telling me that yet another £100 will be deducted from my account on the 22nd in fees, should i send the letter out now including this £100 or should i wait till the 22nd untill this has been added to my acount before sending the req letter?

Thank you in advance!

by 28/11/06 - claim £178

Thank you in advance for any help!

hi laurenbelle

1. it depends which type of interest you mean. If you mean overdraft interest on your statements then you can claim the bit that related to the charges. You would need to use the advanced excel spreadsheet to work this out. If you mean the 8% county court interest then NO not at this stage.

2. don't wait for future charges, you state what's owing to you in your prelim letter at that date, then when you send your lba you add in any charges made since the prelim, then when you file your court claim you add in any charges since prelim & lba.

3. answered above

4. yes

5. probably yes if it was in the same bank but the fact that you've made a claim wouldn't be the kind of info shared between banks.

I have heard in the last week of two people getting full amount offered before going to court. I don't know what criteria they use but it may be the smaller claims.

Hope that answers all your queries ...for now