Hastings direct cancled policy then told me 2 weeks later

sash knighton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope somebody could give me some advice on what to do next, this what has happened..... When I took the policy out I was asked to send a copy of my log book (V5), and I did as instructed. The next thing I know I was sent a email on 7th January 2013 stating that my car insurance has been cancelled and would no longer be insured to drive my vehicle after 25th December 2012. As you can see that email is almost 2 weeks late informing me of this, and so I had been driving over the Christmas period with no insurance with my family in the car unaware that I was not covered. If I was stopped by the police I’m sure that I would have been in trouble because somebody from Hastings Direct didn’t bother telling me any sooner and I would have lost my car, maybe licence and even job.Now they have sent me a letter saying that if i dont pay them £32.85 then they will send my account to a debt recovery company. I have sent a complaint to the company about 2 months ago but havnt heard nothing back, so today i have just sent a letter basically staing what has happened and why i am not paying it.If anyone has got anymore advice what i can do,, Please help they are doing my head in

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

Hi Sash, Thank you for taking the time to post about your experince. I would like to help you with this, if you could please email me with your policy details I will investigate what has happened with your initial complaint and make sure that we get this resolved. You can contact me directly at [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie