• Tweets

• Interesting question regarding what Government accounts opposition parties have access to, before an General Election. From what I understand, Government department accounts that are published are always lagging behind and would not include some amounts which are classified as 'commercially sensitive'.  Therefore opposition parties and Parliamentrary select committees would not have access to accounts which contain real time up to date information. If a new Government have found £20 billion of spending liabilities they did not know about, this could be true, as £20 billion is not that much when you look at total Government expenditure. Government department are making decisions on spending all of the time and it could be the previous Government were planning tax changes and/or spending cuts to balance the books.  Jeremy Hunt has recently said that if the Tories had stayed in Government and held an Autumn budget, it would have been very difficult to cut taxes as some had wanted.
    • Everyone knows the tories were hiding the costs - and even added 4 billion quid to the taxpayers high interest credit card to fund a chunk of the NI tax reduction - prime example - look at how much cost was hidden re the Rwanda dogwhistle -10 Billion quid     and re the handful of rebels on the benefit limit If the disasters (like the Rwanda rubbish) of Tory dogs being wagged by the extremist minority ERG tail doesn't highlight the issues .. Enlighten yourself here .. (fat chance) Sir Keir Starmer is right to show Labour rebels the door WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Editorial: Suspending seven MPs following their rebellion over the two-child benefit cap is more than a prime minister flexing his political muscle. It is a...  
    • Trump instigated that didnt he @theoldrouge despite losing the election - and Biden mitigated as much as he could within his boundaries?   "President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss"   “The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”   Trump ordered rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan after election loss WWW.MILITARYTIMES.COM The memo was among the latest revelations from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol building.   Although i agree that Biden should have done more to mitigate Trump driven disasters
    • ok your WS is wrong. Paragraph 16 and 17 says  you did not contract with evri but this is not true - see below  Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency post 251 of occy thread - £844 lost    you should also add a paragraph on donough v Stevenson talking about the fact that even without contract there is still duty of care to goods and by failing to deliver this duty has been breached.   Make those changes and post it back up here and I'll check over things again
    • no we cant add the occy thing because leicster are being difficult people so we're just going to go without it for now
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lowell...burton store card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So these guys have been after me for a while, I've ignored them but

todays letter I'm not sure what to do.

I took out the card when I was at uni (03-06) ,

I did pay it off each month but then began making min payments and then stopped

(I have a lot of debt, all in my name that an ex ran up store cards credit cards ect) so letter I got has me worried....

We wrote to you recently offering you opportunity to enter into a payment plan which you could pay monthly.

Unfortunately you haven't taken us up on our offer and your account still remains unpaid.

There is already a county court judgment registered against you for this debt obtained on 21/09/2007.

If you persist in not paying this account we will obtain a copy of your credit file from a credit reference agency.

This will help us decide what action to take next as it will inform us of your current financial situation

as well as highlighting if you are a homeowner or mot.

After we have assessed your situation we will send your account to Hamptons legal,

our litigation team, who will act upon our recommendation,

which could be to ask the £court (yes the pound sign was on letter like that)

to enforce the ccj by:

An attachment of earnings

A warrent of execution

A charging order being registered against your property.

Followed by the usual to avoid this etc

Yours sincerely

Andrew bartle

Chief op officer

Company ref 4558936 customer credit licence 528607

Now few things,

I know where letters come from so most just go into bin,

but another debt has gone to Hamptons,

as I've had texts and calls from them as well as lowell (reading online seem they seem to be same company)

most of the numbers are blocked so I get voicemails from them.

I did once answer a call ( this was from mkrr about welcome finance debt again a loan for an ex in my name I was stupid I am aware of this!)

and said I have an Iva arranged they asked me to send all the details to them,

I never did as I never went ahead with Iva as payments were too much.

I have no idea if I have a ccj about this debt, o never had a letter about it at the time.

I have also moved a while ago never game them an address,

but I was recently made redundant so signed on,

the letters have been coming here since that,

is that how they found me? I

am not a home owner I rent.

The balance is £525.19 the limit was £250, bloody interest.

Most of the debts I have are around the same period maybe up till 07.

The calls have eased off sometimes it was 5 or 6 a day,

now its every few days sometimes I only know they called as there is aessage as it goes straight to voicemail because numbers are blocked.

What can they do if anything?

nothing if they do not OWN the debt

and

get THEIR name substituated on the CCJ by a judge

that NEVER happens

just check your CRA file that they are NOT the owner of the debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So these guys have been after me for a while, I've ignored them but

todays letter I'm not sure what to do.

I took out the card when I was at uni (03-06) ,

I did pay it off each month but then began making min payments and then stopped

(I have a lot of debt, all in my name that an ex ran up store cards credit cards ect) so letter I got has me worried....

We wrote to you recently offering you opportunity to enter into a payment plan which you could pay monthly.

Unfortunately you haven't taken us up on our offer and your account still remains unpaid.

There is already a county court judgment registered against you for this debt obtained on 21/09/2007.

If you persist in not paying this account we will obtain a copy of your credit file from a credit reference agency.

This will help us decide what action to take next as it will inform us of your current financial situation

as well as highlighting if you are a homeowner or mot.

After we have assessed your situation we will send your account to Hamptons legal,

our litigation team, who will act upon our recommendation,

which could be to ask the £court (yes the pound sign was on letter like that)

to enforce the ccj by:

An attachment of earnings

A warrent of execution

A charging order being registered against your property.

Followed by the usual to avoid this etc

Yours sincerely

Andrew bartle

Chief op officer

Company ref 4558936 customer credit licence 528607

Now few things,

I know where letters come from so most just go into bin,

but another debt has gone to Hamptons,

as I've had texts and calls from them as well as lowell (reading online seem they seem to be same company)

most of the numbers are blocked so I get voicemails from them.

I did once answer a call ( this was from mkrr about welcome finance debt again a loan for an ex in my name I was stupid I am aware of this!)

and said I have an Iva arranged they asked me to send all the details to them,

I never did as I never went ahead with Iva as payments were too much.

I have no idea if I have a ccj about this debt, o never had a letter about it at the time.

I have also moved a while ago never game them an address,

but I was recently made redundant so signed on,

the letters have been coming here since that,

is that how they found me? I

am not a home owner I rent.

The balance is £525.19 the limit was £250, bloody interest.

Most of the debts I have are around the same period maybe up till 07.

The calls have eased off sometimes it was 5 or 6 a day,

now its every few days sometimes I only know they called as there is aessage as it goes straight to voicemail because numbers are blocked.

What can they do if anything?

You can check for yourself if there is indeed a CCJ in your name. Trust online records all the CCJs awarded for up to 6 years,

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ I think it costs somewhere between £2-£4 .

I suggest you find out for sure unless you are aware that a claim had been issued against you. It has not been unknown for DCAs to mislead in this respect.

Lowells - Red DCA and Hamptons are all the same company.

If there is a CCJ then Lowells would have to apply to the court to have their name substituted as claimant and then make a case to court why they have waited so long to pursue you for the debt.

For such a small debt they might not consider it worth it. On the other hand, Lowells is a pretty vindictive company and might pursue just because they can !!

Do you know if there are any default/penalty charges added to this account? If so then they can be reclaimed (along with the interest on those charges). If a significant amount, then it could wipe the debt anyway.

If this were me, I would first check trust online - if there is a CCJ, then you need to obtain the claim number and court in order to establish what the Judgment Order said.

Once you have that information you can make an informed choice of what steps you want to take next.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D