• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance

Rich44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

2 years ago I rather stupidly took out a loan to pay off a credit card that I couldnt make a dent in as I had been ill for nearly 3 months with acute glandular fever.

Ended up taking a loan for about £1800 from Welcome, anyway moved house and told them about it and never heard anymore until recently. What with a new baby and the miscarriages my partner had suffered I totally forgot about Welcome as they had not been in touch to arrange some kind of payment my fault I accept that I was stupid.

Anyway basically I have arranged to pay £20 a month till January when they will look at it again (how good of them lol) and in the meantime i've got to fill in a statement of my income/expenditure.

I paid the first year of the loan with no problems at all at £170 per month (loan was over 36 months) and the latest statement they say they want

£5800 from me!!!

I only borrowed £1800 I didnt know they were going to shaft me that badly over it not to mention the PPI they said you have to take out or you cant have the loan which I believe they sell then add to the loan and then add interest at 29% to the whole caboodle :(

I am going to write and ask them for all the paperwork etc a list of their charges etc but can anyone offer advice on how to deal with these people especially as they just keep turning up on the doorstep and expecting to come in. They also threatened me with bringing bailiffs round the other day - not too bothered about that one I dont own anything and I wouldnt let them in anyway but not the point.

Am I right in thinking as its an unsecured loan they would have to get a CCJ first at which point the judge would set the amount that should be paid back and they could only then get a bailiff involved if I breached that?

Basically HELP!!

Hi Rich, as a 'Gold' member i'd have thought you knew roughly where you stood as i'm only a newbie :confused: maybe you've been active in other parts of the site eh, anyway, i have had dealings with welcome. Now i am paid 4 weekly, and was able to set up collection on my 4 weekly payday so i never missed any payments, and inccured their charges. I had 3 loans 1K 2K and 3k, over a number of years, and thankfully, now paid off. As for advice, well you are in the right place, in this forum you will uncover a welth of info on harrassment and doorstep collectors etc.

I think if i were you the first avenue i would take is the dispute amount owed. this will get them off your back for the short term to allow you to research your position. I think i'd look at the PPI as being mis-sold, and research that. You need copies of all three of your credit files, my loans were recorded at all three so assume yours will be. you need to know if a default has been issued, that way when you CCA them, you can ask for a copy of the default notice along with a copy of your CCA and statements. The statements should list details of penalty charges too, so again, another avenue to follow....

To be honest, i knew at the time that welcome offered desperate loans for desperate people, and i was desperate. I could not get credit anywhere else (due to incorrect defaults) but things are getting better, and you are to be commended for your action, i.e. coming here and seeking solutions. I don't have any finalized cases as yet, but plenty ongoing ones. Many users are more in the know than me, and will post further advice in due course.

Hang in there!

blanch :)

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA

Ex-wifes Barclays

Beaten!

Well to be honest most of my dealings have been with other situations and I wanted to be sure of my facts before gobbing off to them I think £5800 for borrowing £1800 is well ott esp considering I paid 12 x £170 already :(

I am beginning to think that I may just be better off filing for bankruptcy as have my overdraft (paying at £140 a month) and 3 credit cards to pay off. I dont have any assets and I dont own my own home so might be the better option.

Rather than go bankrupt, it is worth looking at the IVA as an alternative option.

They assess your earnings and work out what you can afford to pay to your debts and review it every year. You do that for 5 years then any outstanding dbts are written off. It shows you want to pay the debt and helps get you back on your feet. although I am told they are quite tough with expenditure, it would save the hassle of dealing with. You would need to get proper advice from someone maybe through Debtline or something else government backed though.

That said I hope that you get a result from Welcome through negotiation on the PPi and the OBSCENe charges that are made. If it's a personal loan, good chance many of those charges are claimable!

As I'm new to this, someone else may be able to give you other ideas, although if things are that tough at the mo, i would get proper advice!

GOOD LUCK!!

NATIONWIDE

DPA S.A.R sent 18/9/2006

received by N'wide 21/9/2006

Statements rec'd 14/10/2006:D

Yeah I kinda knew about the IVA thing but with no assets seeing as bankruptcy only lasts 12 months now I would be out of the woods quicker with that route than an IVA.

I earn £16,000 a year and now have to keep both myself, my partner and our baby as at the moment she is not able to work so 3 credit cards (£2,800, £2200, £787) £140 per month to the bank and £6000 to Welcome I am leaning more towards bankruptcy right now but obviously I would get advice first