• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Suga1982 v The Bank

suga1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

First of all i would like to say what a great site this is, packed full of very interesting information..

I've just e-mailed my first letter to Lloyds TSB.... I'll keep you updated

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP ME!!!!

Right my pregnant brain has got me again and i've only gone and sent the wrong letter!!!

I sent the Letter Before Action as my first letter!!

Plaese advise me on what to do

Many thanks

You are only required to give reasonable notice to the bank to resolve the situation, however it's generally accepted that a month is a reasonable time.

Which is why there is 2 letters.

However if you have spoken to the bank about this prior to your letter then you can take that time into account.

If you haven't spoken to the bank, I would suggest that you write another letter at the end of the 14 days, along the line of;

"Having taken legal advice, I now realise that my initial deadline of 14 days, could be considered to be unreasonable. Therefore in order to give you sufficient time to resolve this issue positively, I will extend my deadline by a further 14 days.

However there will be no further extensions, etc"

Some may agrue that the bank will think your weak and try to take advantage, but they will try anyway.

Your other option is to press ahead with just giving them 14 days notice, chances are you will still win, but do you want to take a chance?

Thanks for your reply, i really dont know where my head is at the moment

I've just received an e-mail back from them

Thank you for the e-mail. 
I am sorry to learn that you appear unhappy over the level of charges you have incurred on your Lloyds TSB account. 
Under the circumstances, your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Complaints Unit within Service Recovery. I have asked that he notes your comments and issues raised and arranges for a response be sent to you at the earliest opportunity.
In case you haven't received a copy of our leaflet called 'How to voice your concerns' I've attached one to my e-mail. This tells you all you need to know about resolving your complaint with us.
? 
Regards 
Keith Boden 
Lloyds TSB - Service Recovery 
Birmingham

Oh my god!

I've just got a letter this morning of another charge on my account.. £30 for being over drawn for a few hours! How can they do this!!!

I dont even have alot of money going into my account, i'm a mum and dont work and got another baby on the way!!!

Lloyds Tsb make me sooooo angry!

Just received the same letter as my dad(fizzbin)

Re: Account Charges for Overdraft Excesses and Returned Items

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account.

I understand that

· You feel that the charges you have incurred are unlawful.

• You are unhappy with the amount of charges you have incurred as a result of being overdrawn and from returned items.
  • You have requested that all charges incurred should be refunded for the past 4 years.

When you become a customer, we give you details of any charges for the day to day running of your account. Details of our charges are also available from our branch staff, telephone helpline or our website.

For the vast majority of our customers banking with us can be completely free as charges are not made for services such as debit cards, cash machine withdrawals, balance requests, statements, cheque books and Internet banking. We also do not charge for processing Direct Debits and Standing Orders when they are paid through our customers' accounts.

One of the few services we apply charges for are when a customer does not have enough money in their account to meet payments they have requested us to make. If customers think they may exceed any limit they have, we urge them to contact us to discuss their requirements. Any requests for further lending are then assessed in line with our usual credit policy. Similarly, when we return an item, we are preventing a customer from exceeding their limit, and again as we explain clearly to our customers, this process incurs a charge

Typically, we do not levy customers an excess overdraft fee the first time they go overdrawn without agreement, as long as it hasn't happened in the past twelve months and we limit excess fees to a maximum of three occurrences in any one month.

As a business we are entitled to set charges to cover additional work. These charges are not hidden and are notified in the guide to banking charges leaflet we produce. We advise our customers to ensure cleared funds are available in their accounts to meet payments due. You will also note that in the front of each cheque book we request that funds are available before cheques are issued.

You incurred charges because you did not ensure funds were available in your account to cover the payments set up by you. It is your responsibility to operate your account within any agreed limits and within the terms and conditions.

You accepted these terms when you opened your account and when you agreed your overdraft. We did not agree to pay your account in excess of the amount agreed without charges being made.

Accordingly, I am unable to agree with your request to refund the charges. We do expect your account to be run in line with the terms and conditions of its operation. This means that you must ensure that cleared funds are deposited into the account the working day before any payments are due. If you do not feel you will be able to run your account in accordance with the terms and conditions, we may have to consider withdrawing certain facilities, such as any debit cards, overdrafts and chequebooks. Alternatively, you may wish to consider alternative banking arrangements.

In case you haven't received a copy of our leaflet called 'How to voice your concerns' I've enclosed one with my letter. This tells you all you need to know about resolving your complaint with us.

If you are unhappy with my decision and feel that you have something to add which might change the outcome, please get in touch. If we cannot agree on a solution at that point, I will help you refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independent arbitration.

Yours sincerely

David Just

Assistant Manager

Roll on day 14

No don't wait 14 days.

You only gave them 14 days to respond, they have respnded, they have not requested more time or stated that they are looking into it, they have made their position clear.

So you don't have to wait, move on to the next stage.

I got a statement of charges for the month today Unpaid D/D £35.00 O/D Interest £48.84 & Overdraft Excess Fee £30.00 Total £113.84.

Allocation questionaire returned to the court-18/7/06

Allocation Questionaire rec'd dated- 6/7/06

Acknowledgment of Service rec'd full defence- 15/6/06

Reply from solicitors want more info.-14/6/06

Money claim filed £1653 - 7/6/06

Reply rec'd to LBA-27/5/06

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Reply from LLoyds TSB a big fat NO - 12/5/06

1st request for payment sent - 09/05/06

Statements Rec'd - 21/4/06

Data Protection Act request sent to Lloyds - 22/3/06

The things those hormones do to you!

It's not the end of the world, you only have to give reasonable notice, however this is generally accepted as 1 month.

The argument is that if you now send a letter saying you will give them another 14 days, it makes it look like you don't know what your doing and they will think they can get away with not paying.

The truth is they think they can get away with not paying whatever you do, so play it safe and send another letter, best not to give them any excuse.

I would send your second letter, very similar to your LBA, but just add something along the following lines.

"After taking legal advice I realise that my initial deadline of 14 days for resolution could be construed as unreasonable, therefore in order to give you sufficient and reasonable notice to resolve this issue I am prepared to extend my deadline by 14 days."

when is it due?

Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it loads

I'm due 5th Nov, still got a long way to go yet! Gonna have my hands full casue my son will have just turned 17 months then, but his a good boy

Well it would be the letter before action, but as we know you have already sent that.

So you need to send a letter based on the LBA, restate your points and include a few lines saying why your not acting as you stated in your last letter (the LBA you sent stated your next stage would be legal action).

If you want a draft of a letter, pm me an e-mail address and i'll send you one.

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo!!! Sent my second letter to the bank on Monday and got this reply today:

Our Ref???????? : *********

Dear Miss Suga

Thank you for your e-mail dated 26 April 2006. I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with my response to date.

Unfortunately there is little I am able to add to my letter dated 12 April 2006 and I am only able to refer you back to the terms and conditions of your account, although I do respect you opinion about our charges.

This letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.? If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. I have attached a leaflet, which outlines how to contact them.

Yours sincerely

David Just

Assistant Manager

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Received acknowledgment back from the court today saying that the bank intend to defend all of the claim!!!! They now have until the 5th June!!!!! Solicitor Martineau Johnson

Just wondering how many of us are actually going through money claim at the moment??? I filed my claim and it was set for them from the 8th giving them till the 22nd to reply. Received acknowledgment from the bank this morning so they now have until the 5th June!!!

Just wondering how everyone else is doing?? And when your next expecting to here from the bank or file judgment

Good luck, here's hoping they crumble at the last minute! *fingers crossed*

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."- Margret Mead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks