Timescales - sorry its urgent

chipbeck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a letter from Eversheds on Wednesday stating they'd applied for reposession on the 11th March. I went to court with them in 2007 and unfortunately I'm £1960 in arrears. My panic is that as I am away from home next week they may just come round and change the locks as I'm away til the 26th. Also don't know when I'll get notice from the court (I'm assuming they will write to me). I appreciate that the time may well depend on courts workload but has anyone any idea it would be appreciated.

So it's a warrant they have executed. If they have told you approximately 2 weeks, then you could work to that date - however, you can phone the bailiffs office at your local county court and ask them what date they have booked in for you, and if it's not booked, whether it is likely to be before you return on 26th March.

You really ought to have someone check your property for the delivery of the notice (get someone to pop around every day), as you will need to file an N244 to apply to the court to stay the eviction.

It is impossible for anyone here to say how long the warrant will take to execute, only the bailiffs in your area can tell you how busy they are. If they're not busy, it can be as little as seven days, if they are it could be weeks, but you can't rely on that, so phone them.

Goosed this time then as there will be nobody here and nobody to check. I thought it would be two weeks after I heard from court. I'll try and ring baillifs from Egypt. First holiday for years wish I wasnt going.

I don't want to be judgemental but was a holiday in Egypt really more important than paying back mortgage arrears?

They are not huge amounts but you have obviously broken an arrangement with them.

I wouldn't mention the holiday in Egypt to the lender nor the bailiffs as I think you might get short shrift from both.

I have struggled with my mortgage for about three years now, paying back arrears. I doubt I shall ever be able to afford a holiday again, but that is a small price to keep my home.

I know NB, there may be an explanation, but I certainly would not enjoy any holiday if I was wondering whether my house was going to be repossessed!

I know some people see holidays as an 'essential' but they are not a luxury I have been able to afford at all since I have had this mortgage.

When I had repossessions hanging over my head they took over my whole life. Maybe the trick is not to worry, but keeping my house has always been my first priority.