Default not updated to credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Can someone please advise me. I have been informed that RBOS defaulted my overdraft on a student account on 13th September after I made no payments since June. There is nothing on my credit report except for 1 late payment which was updated on 14th January 2013. Can they back track and put that default on? I am so confused. They had been writing to an old address and because my credit report showed everything as up to date I didn't worry about this account. Thank you

Yes they can report the default at any time but the default date must be the original one.

Which CRA did you check, some banks/lenders do not report to all of them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier,

I have been discussing this with you in a seperate thread, I posted it in two different areas because was not sure where was best. I am going to CAB today with a letter to RBS (not sure if it's ok or not) and copies of all my credit reports (I have one from Experian, Equifax and Noodle) all are showing RBS account "Up to date" and in the green until January 14th when they reported one late payment. It seems so confusing to me that credit reports are to help you with your finances yet they don't show you if there is a problem. What is their purpose?

Thank you

Hi, The CRAs are good tool if you use the ''alerts'' system which brings any changes to your notice when they happen, regular checking is needed.

Let me know how you fare on this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hello,

I do use the alerts system and check the reports on at least a weekly (mostly daily) basis. There have been absolutely no changes to this particular account (except 1 late payment added on 17th January) in the last year and it has been updated every month by RBS. Have spoken to CRA's and they have also agreed RBS have updated it every month to show the account is in good order. Can't see how they can suddently put it to default if they have not even put down any late payments (except the 1 in January). I would send you a screen shot of the report but can't get it to load on here. :/

You are I think going to take this up with the data controller at RBS head office, when they place the default on credit files is not a hard and fast time scale, the default on the account is the important point that date governs the removal etc.