Is this SB? Remove Bad Info from Credit Report

debtwoes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All my first time here although been in debt a looong time. I have checked my credit report with Experian (CreditExpert) and found some negative information.

For credit agreements, it shows a Virgin Media account at my current address from 2004. The account was suspended in 2004. I have not made any payments or acknowledged the debt since 2004 and have not been receiving any letters about the debt in the last 6 years. It shows as satisfied with £108 outstanding and almost appears as if payments are being made showing a green circle with 0 in it.

That is all the negative information I have on my record. I hope to apply for a mortgage soon and wondered if this would affect my chances and what can I do to remove the item. I would have thought this should be statute barred by now and should have dropped off my credit report.

Thanks for any help in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I posted help for this before but got no answers so trying again.

I closed a Virgin Media account in 2004. (no contact with anyone about this account since)

Since Jan 2013, this account has been showing up on my Experian credit file as an account.

For 3 months it showed £108 balance but puts a green marker (0) for each month, then last 2 months goes back to U. I do not recall having anyone including Virgin chase me for the £108 as my bills were up to date although I had a contractor chasing me for a cable box for a while which he got.

It does not show as default or late and shows the account as Satisfactory with £108 balance.

My Question is:

1) Does this negatively affect my credit score?

2) Should I / How do I contact Virgin to remove this

give them a ring it should prob not be showing now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

i have this also says there is an outstanding balance and that all payments are up to date and the account is not in default yet i moved from this address over 8 years ago debt is definately statute barred so why is it on there is this a new way of virgin highlighting old debts to fellow creditors in a sneaky way