style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been renting a property for about 5yrs, never had an increase in the rent. Replaced fridge at our own expense with LL permission (They didnt want the hassle) got oven repaired at own expense wasnt worth the hassle of getting LL to pay but now the dishwasher has gone kaputt. Agents sent a guy out cant be repaired so need a new one, and this is something we are not prepared to replace and then take with us if we move, so insisting that LL replaces. In view of this wouldnt be a shock if we get a rent increase but i was just wondering if there is a percentage that it would normally go up by?

Dont actually mind an increase as quite happy where we are and we can afford one but at the same time dont want to end up paying more than is reasonable. To be fair we dont have any real problems with LL who although they have a few houses we also know socially and although they go through an agent with the house we do speak to them directly when we want to do somthing to the gardens etc just to check they are ok.

House is unfurnished, but fitted kitchen, I would expect an increase of no more than 20% if in fact we do get one but i like to be prepared.

Thank You

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I have been in a similar position with replacing items, which I paid for but LL always pays it back, comes with cash. Boiler etc. did he reimburse you?

As for rent increase, suggest you look around at what similar properties are renting at in your area. you can do it on line, through http://www.rightmove.co.uk/

The rental market is quite strong at the moment, however good tenants are also thin on the ground.

So it maybe he is quite happy to have you as good regular paying tenenat with little hassle, rather than risking you looking to move if he puts rent up

Thanks, no not reinbursed just taken off inventory for the fridge and we havent asked him for the money for the cooker. Very few rental properties around this area prehaps one or two as very rural so cant really get an idea of what others charge. We have no intention of moving as we are very settled here and its suits us and a rent increase wouldnt be too major a problem as to be honest money isnt a problem (both on very good salaries) suppose we just dont want hassle any more than LL does but we do want the dishwasher replaced as we dont want to buy one as its of no use if we did move as we would be looking at a fitted kitchen anyway.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Just wait then and see what happens ( nothing hopefully ) then see if its fair!

As for dishwasher, just ask and see what he says? even if you have to buy one you can always sell it later? or he can buy it off you,if you do move.

They are graet when busy, who wants to do the washing up, but somebody has to empty it and put them away; no machine for that yet!