Mcol Online

taff999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cool, ive openeda new account with alliance and leicester,

withregards to offering whatican afford, is that be as much as or as little as i reasonably believe,

so if i wrote to them and said im willing to pay 20 pound a month off what could they say?

Work out your ingoings and outgoings and then make them a reasonable based on what you have left. But as they haven't yet requested the return of overdraft I would just pay in what you can afford to reduce debt as you are going to be paying interest on balance and £20 probably will only cover that. Then wait until they contact you about it. Can the O/d be transferred to A&L.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im hopingto transfer half of it yes.

thanks gizmo

Data Protection Act to NatWest 22-07-06

Data Protection Act GE to GE 16-08-06

Mums Data Protection Act to Barclays 22-07-06

MUMS PRELIM CHARGES REQUEST AND SCHEDULE SENT 30-8-06

James prelim and sched sent30-8-06

James Lba sent 5-9-06

COBBETS DEFEND JAMES CLAIM deemed served 7-10 28 DAYS FROM THE 7TH TO DEFEND.

mums rejection of settlement offer sent back on 29-9-06 original lba sent 20-9-06 have until 4 oct to make full offer-not received Moneyclaim can go ahead.

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

dr shoe, see all the info i gotfrom posting on here? would i have got that speaking on the phone to a NatWest employee?

Gary its not the statements i was after ,

Thanks for help everyone.

So where do you think everyone got their information from? Are they clairvoyant or something?

All the information here is identical to the information I was given by an employee when I had the gumption to phone them. For those not too lazy to look you can also find it here:

NatWest - Contact us

so this site isnt for sharing information?

i like to think id hep someone with a question that i knew the answer to?

EVERYONE DONT ASK FOR ADVICE ON HERE - PHONE UP AND ASK YOUR BANK HOW TO GET YOUR BANK CHARGES BACK.

ASK BANK WORKERS WHERE THEY THINK THE QUICKEST PLACE TO GET THEM BACK FROM IS.

the reason i ask on here doc is to get the best advice - tried and tested.

some people on here may have been given a bad addy over the phone which they then report as being bad and then can give people the better addy!

and im very grateful to all the people who have helped me and everyone with their advice.

btw doctor shoe , looked at your link still cant find best place to send my prelim approach for charges?

James Lba sent 5-9-06

mums rejection of settlement offer sent back on 29-9-06 original lba sent 20-9-06 have until 4 oct to make full offer-not received Moneyclaim can go ahead.

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

Hi guys quick easy question - i hope!

had first bog off from my prelim letter sending my LBA now ,,

do i add 8% interest at this point or wait til they say no again and add it when i claim via moneyclaim?

p.s i know i have to send my schedule of charges again.

cheers guys!

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

cheers nwsm.

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

James A Thomas

4 The Ridgeway

Droitwich Spa

Worcs

WR98QB

[their address]

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I am very disappointed that your response to my letter dated 30th August 2006 was negative and that you believe your charges levied against my account are are fair.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the [XXDATE OF FIRST LETTERXX]

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

i have highlighted IN BOLD the bit that conflicts with your advice this is a LBA template off this website??????

CHEERS.

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

bump bump

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

what it is saying is that you are claiming back the charges, but you also claim back the interest charges the bank debits if the account goes overdrawn. You can only claim back the interest charges if the bank charges cause you to go overdrawn.

The 8% interest is not added until the court stage

I hope that helps

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

cheers kydkarmen,

i think il leave the interest as it will probably be minimal, this wouldnt have any effect on my claim would it ?

but the 8% i claim at court what do i claim that on- the grand total of charges plus 8% from the 1st letter sent to the day of judgement?

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

claiming the interest charges shouldn't affect your claim, as i am only claiming part of the interest charges.

to calculate the 8%, there is a spreadsheet in the templates section that calculates it for you as it is 8% for each charge since the day it was debited from the account, just input all the infromation in the spreadsheet and that does it for you.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

god im such a pain!

so the interest should be paid regardless whether account is / was in its overdraft at time of charge?

basically how do i work out if im entitled to it, i know about the spreadsheet and how it works but unsure as to whether i can claim on every charge?

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

This may of been mentioned but il post in case,

there is a charge for your account ranging from 10 to 12 pound a month if you have a charge during the month the system merges the 2 together.

i.e would show up on bill as 38 pound charge for a 28 charge plus 10 pound account fee?

i believe im right in saying you definitely cannot claim account fees....

so just so no1 invalidates their claim phone up and ask when you were charged your account fee in the month.

Just something i thought id look into before jumping in anyway good luck .

hope ive not said anything daft or simple or wrong , anyone with a diff view please post!

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

Is cliaming ALL returned DD charges, going overdrawn and bounced cheque chargers really that simple? 6 years worth of statments (highlighting charges) being sent to my bank with a copy of the "bank template letter."

"WITH MY REPUTATION"

"ARE THEY MAD?"

Many thanks,

Russ.

Taff= I have a thread on NW which explains the fees and exactly how to unravel them since they were merged in 2002. its on a stickie on NatWest Forum

Hi guys ,

i sent my lba(from the template section) in it it has a bit about the bank being a fiduciary.

"I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary."

the bank have replied with..........

"in your letter you have claimed that we have been acting as your fiduciary , yet i am unsure asof the basis of your contention. This does not form part of the normal customer/banker relationship."

do they have a point?

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

thought so , just the hate the thought of ballsing it up!

cheers.

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

taff- you are in the right and also in the right place. NW have not won a since this site was created. So keep positive and when the 14 days are up you file your claim.

Edit; NatWest are the only bank to go to court and win but that was last year and they haven't as yet repeated that since.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any benefits of filing with an N1 form , have read through the site and only one i can find is bankfodder saying 'the feeling of doing it the ld fashioned way'- i must admit this does appeal! but are there any differences in timescale of either way and if i choose N1 where do i send this to ? and does it cost?

Many thanks in advance.

ps i did a search forum but couldnt find any answers!.:sad:

James Lba sent 5-9-06

Prelim to GE 10-10-06

Taff, I did my MCOL on Friday, and have just checked the web site & it was deemed to have been served yesterday, which I guess is quicker than it going via "the old fashioned route" ? Not sure if that helps, but it's an indicator as to the speed.

Shelty.

M-Stanley, Marbles , Barclaycard,Cap 1, NW CC's x 3, NWest, MBNA , HSBC CC ALL WON

Outstanding

Halifax initial 11/10 acknowledged 19/10 LBA 25/10

LTSB initial 12/10 LBA 26/10

Barclays initial 3/10,response 9/10 LBA 17/10,MCOL 1/11, defence &AQ 10/12

Bof Ireland mort' S.A.R 16/10, initial 23/11, LBA 7/12,MCOL 23/12

NatWest home loans S.A.R sent 23/10,Initial 16/12, LBA 6/1

NatWest business a/c initial 9/11, LBA 25/11, MCOL 9/12, AQ 20/1,cheque recieved 17/2 but had to send it back !!

HSBC c/a AQ returned 17/2

HSBC bus' a/c MCOL 17/2

I did it via an N1 form as i am exempt from paying fees so can't do it via MCOL I took it in on 6th last thing technically the 7th and they have deemed it as served on the 15th so a few days later than a MCOL. The fees etc are all in the guidance forums in green.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks