Dafster -v- First Direct

dafster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR sent 10/10. Received acknowledgment and returned £10 cheque. Promise of statements by courier. So far, so normal!

Dafster -v- First Direct

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 10/10

Acknowledged 14/10 :)

Dafster -v- Abbey

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 17/10

• 5 weeks later...

Will send Prelim tomorrow. Claiming £931.50. Not as much as I thought but definitely worth claiming. I couldn't believe I allowed single fees of +£100 to be taken!!! :o

Dafster -v- First Direct

Dafster -v- Abbey

It's quite shocking when you realise what you've let them get away with isn't it?!!

Good luck with your claim. It will be worth it in the end. ;)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

I have received a letter this morning from Customer Relations acknowledging my Prelim and promising a reply within 10 days. Very civil, but is it a stalling tactic? They also sent a leaflet 'listening to your comments' which describes their complaints procedure! It even tells me how to contact the Financial Ombudsman should I not get a successful resolution. So far, so polite.

Dafster -v- First Direct

Dafster -v- Abbey

Stalling tactic? Probably.

Will it work? Not unless you let it.

You've given them a deadline, if they don't stick to it, you simply move on to the next step in the process.

Keep us posted.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly behind schedule with LBA but received an offer of £790 this morning. I will still be sending the LBA with a rejection of the offer included. A 15% reduction of the claim without reason is not acceptable.

Dafster -v- First Direct

Dafster -v- Abbey

Why not say that you will accept their offer as partial settlement but will persue them for the full amount, and take it from there?

• Haha 1

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Hi Dafster

I'm with monkey_uk on this one, and have myself received an offer today for 76% of the claim amount. I have tweaked the letter of rejection, which you can find for amusement or comment on my thread, Roger66 vs First Direct.

I'm willing to hold out, please take strength from the fact that you are not alone in this, and we are all with you, safety in numbers and all that.

Roger66

• 2 weeks later...

WOO HOO! :D

I sent a tweaked letter of rejection on 11/12 accepting partial settlement with the threat to continue claim for the rest. Just got the post this morning and I have been offered a full settlement of £931.50. There isn't even a confidentiality statement on the acceptance any more.

Thanks for the support

Dafster -v- First Direct

Dafster -v- Abbey

That was an unusually quick return on your rejection. What form of ungodly revenge did you threaten them with?!??!?

Excellent news though, and another victory for the site. Congratulations,

Roger66

It was just a 'thanks but no thanks'. Very polite and obviously effective :D

Dafster -v- First Direct

Dafster -v- Abbey

• 2 weeks later...

any news yet dafster?

--

Paid in full on 22nd December. Great Xmas Pressie!

Dafster -v- First Direct

Dafster -v- Abbey

Well done dafster.

Told you you'd get there in the end!

Don't forget to complete the "charges returned survey" please.

--

Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.