Just been informed about this site and reclaiming bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Very interested in reclaiming my bank charges. Just a few concerns

I feel i am responsible for mis-management of my account leading to the bank charges (although i think £39 is excessive)

What has been the attitude towards customers from the bank once a claim is made

When sending letters do i deal with my local bank or the main HQ

just looked at the statements i have going back a year and a half and currently over £400

Also what is the current situation for making a claim reading some posts and Judges high courts seem to be getting involved.

please advise

spider666:)

Guest bluecloud
Hello

I feel i am responsible for mis-management of my account leading to the bank charges (although i think £39 is excessive)

Yes you are responsible but we also think the charges are excessive.

What has been the attitude towards customers from the bank once a claim is made

Not too bad, a few semi-veiled threats about closing accounts, but certainly no dire reprecussions.

When sending letters do i deal with my local bank or the main HQ

Always send them to the Headquarters, it saves on delays and avoids too many letters being "lost".

just looked at the statements i have going back a year and a half and currently over £400

Just wait till you get all 6 years.

Also what is the current situation for making a claim reading some posts and Judges high courts seem to be getting involved.

These cases are very few and far between. Even if a bank tries to take you to the Mercantile Court, the bank won't want to declare the true cost of charges and WILL settle before going in front of a judge.

please advise

just have :D

Hello

I feel i am responsible for mis-management of my account leading to the bank charges (although i think £39 is excessive). Punitive bank charges are unlawful-full stop.

What has been the attitude towards customers from the bank once a claim is made. Halifax haven't closed any accounts yet.

When sending letters do i deal with my local bank or the main HQ Main HQ

Also what is the current situation for making a claim reading some posts and Judges high courts seem to be getting involved. Mine went through to timetable and without a hitch. Some courts have been trying to force a test case because the banks are wasting so much court time but, without success so far because the banks settle before they have to turn up in court.

please advise

Hope this helps

Sarah