Credit file and default marking query Can they do this

noogie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Approx 6 yrs ago i had financial difficulty and I made and arrangement to pay a certain amount each month with the credit card company. I have maintained that payment throughout and when they have contacted to see if I can make an increase in payment I have done so. I am to the stage now where my monthly repayment is more than the minimum payment that woul be due. I enquired re going back to minimum payment but they told me my account was closed and if I did interest would then apply so common sense told me I may as well have the full monthly payment come off the balance rather than interest,I have not missed one payment since my arrangeent was made and I am trying hard to repair my credit.

I have joined an online credit file checking system and can see that for the last 5 yrs this company has marked me as D every month even though I have maintained my repayment with them so it looks on my file as though I have defaulted every month for 5 yrs

Can they do this? I thought you could only default once and that is how it should read.

I dont recall the default notice and I have no copy of an agreement which I will be following up seperately.

Should they at least show me as paying

HI yes they are correct in displaying the default, a reduced payment agreed and kept to does not affect the fact the the original default was not remedied, there is in fact only one default the entries are just regularly updated, at this late stage paperwork or the lack of it is not going to make any difference, the defaults will be removed after 6 years paid or not.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: