• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Evans Store Card PPI reclaim - santander - 1st response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody confirm who to contact regarding an old Evans storecard? Need to know who ran it and address to send SAR with regards to a ppi claim. Thanks.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

I read somewhere on here it was GE Capital and the card is from early 00's pre santander so just looking to confirm.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Ok i will send off to Santy then thanks.

It's ok it is for my partner, she did have an IVA which has just finished but no bankruptcy involved.

It's ok it is for my partner, she did have an IVA which has just finished but no bankruptcy involved.

No worries! The position with IVAs is a little bit more unclear, there is conflicting opinion. Some say that the right to claim the PPI will still vest with the IP post-completion, some say it no longer does. I would have told you to not bother if there was a bankruptcy involved but if it's an IVA I guess it's just the risk you take :)

If the account was defaulted on as is the case can you still make a claim ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I recently sent a letter & ppi questoinairre to Santander in relation to an old Evans store card which i had ppi on.

I have rec'd their response

which is saying that the insurance was taken out in store and they have included a copy of the credit agreement that shows i requested the insurance.

They state this is there final response.

IS there anything i can do from here ?

it prob says, consider this as our final response, well you don't consider it as the final response.

i bet the application was filled in by a rep that ticked it for you

explained oithing & pocketed a nice commission.

what did you put in your questionaire, anything regarding this fact?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes i was in full time employment. I put in the questionairre that i wasn't aware of it as at the time when i signed the credit agreement i thought i was just signing for the card.

good

write back clarifying

that as the card was taken out in store

and filled out by the sales rep.

you just signed it

nothing was explained about PPI,

you had no idea you had it.

it is unfair just to brush off the reclaij without even investigating it

can we see the reply please

prob just a std templated thing.

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

or

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

am trying to upload but when click on manage attachments nothing happens both in IE & Firefox!

gotta pop out i'll look later

dx

and they

Should i send another letter if so how should i word it? Or should i go straight to the FOS?

i have unapped the att as the first shows their complaint no.

Did YOU fill out the applicatiomn form or was it a rep?

can you remember what happened?

that is somewhat a std reply, seen in many forms from many retailers responding to PPI reclaims.

a one letter brush off, which is basically speculate upon how the process of card applicaion + PPI SHOULD have happened

is mere speculation.

he was not there at the time.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Not sure, i did forward this to FOS but they called and said something along the lines of Santander not being covered by the regulations not sure exactly as they spoke to partner. I want to send a 2nd letter to them regarding this is there a template of some description i can adapt or should i just jump to a letter before action ?

i wouldsuspect that a rep ticked the box

youknew nothing about it nor was it explained to you.

p'haps a reply, even though they say its their final response

its rather crass to dismiss a claim on the first letter

they are using pure speculation the correct process did take place

clearly it didn't

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

If Santander don't fall under the jurisdiction of the FOS who might they fall under?