galaxy note repair problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I had a small crack on my galaxy note, i took it to the official samsung repair shop (not a samsung shop but a shop with authorized samsung technicians) and they said that it needed a new screen £150 please. so i agreed and they said it will be done within the hour. They made me sign a piece of paper saying that the only fault was a cracked screen, my imei number name address ect. when i collected the phone the man tried to turn it on and it wouldnt, tried to charge it and it wouldnt. he took it back upstairs and the technician came down with my phone in one hand and some bits in the other saying it was bits of my aerial, he said he would have to order parts and it would take a couple of days. a week later its still not working and they want to send it away to samsung. They have replaced the charging system and the aerial.

If samsung say the phone isnt worth repairing where do i stand with compensation from the company?

if samsung say the suchandsuch need repairing that will be £?? please would i have to pay it or should the shop cover the cost?

If it is sent to samsung will they do a factory reset?

the phone isnt insured and is less than 6 months old. i dont mind paying for the screen i broke but am very reluctant to pay for an official technicians mistakes.

many thanks all.

If the screen was broken, how did you know the rest of the phone was OK?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It's a pitty you don't have private insurance on it. But then again, I don't have that on my Galaxy S3 which I have dropped twice up to now (but luckily still works). I would let the shop know that you are willing to pay for the screen (which are not covered by any warranty if damaged by accident), but all other parts are covered by your manufacturers warranty. I would have been reluctant admitting that the screen was my fault to be honest.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I know the phone was working because i was using it in the shop when i gave it to them. my network provider should be able to provide a letter saying that i was using data and making calls and texts on that day if this goes legal. I knew it charged because the phone is 6 months old and i have had it from new. also the glass has been cracked for 2 weeks and has been used daily with no problems, now payday has arrived i can afford to get it fixed.

the screen itself was working fine, there was no bleeding of the lcd display as it was the protective glass that was cracked. every shop i went to said that it is a complete unit and not a separate glass layer.

This shop is in a very small arcade along with 15 other shops 3 of which were phone repair shops all advertising screens fixed while you wait. there are dozens of these shops in my city center and i thought going to the authorized samsung repair people would be the best idea. how wrong i was.

quick addition. this form i had to sign saying that the only problem was the screen must be some sort of agreement between us. me saying this is the only problem by signing and him agreeing this by accepting the job. i can see if they didnt have this then it is his word against mine.

Edited by fitztheviking

OK so there was no oporational fault with the unit, just a cosmetic break in the glass? I can't see how they can hope to charge more than the repair cost. Have they not said that they will sort it?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

hello.

sorry to drag this up again but i still havent received my phone. It has been sent to samsung twice and they have sent it back saying it is fixed but it isnt. it has been 6 weeks since i took it in for repair. do you think it is reasonable that i should start threatening legal action yet? should i try to get some sort of compensation? the phone shop never rings me to say what is going on, they leave it for me to ring them. the service is terrible. also this shop which advertises itsself as an authorized repair center doesnt appear on the samsung website, it says there isnt a shop like that in the city where i live.

proper angry. grrrrr

I see no harm in writing a "letter before action" stating you either want the phone repaired to the condition that you paid them for, or a replacement phone or £xx (however much you could source a replacement for) PROVIDING you intend to follow through with court action, as you paint yourself into a corner if you don't follow thrugh... they will know they can walk over you!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

to

C.A.G. Toolbar