Dormant accounts

carterc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclays it seems have made dormant a whole lot of accounts including my own (due to inactivity). Having filled in the necessary dormant account form to get access to the money in that account I phoned today to check on its progress.

I have been told they are taking 12 weeks to process these requests. This seems to me to be an outrageous length of time. No justification given other than they seem to have many other such requests. They were not even able to confirm whether or not they had received my request!

This all to me seems utterly unacceptable. Anyone any tips on how I can speed this process up? I have complained to the Financial Ombudsmen but the time in which Barclays will need to respond to this is 8 weeks - though this is less than 12!

Hi Carterc and welcome to CAG

Involving the FOS may well prove to be counter-productive and actually lengthen the process, so I would not involve them at all unless it takes significantly longer than the anticipated 12 weeks.

Roughly how long has the a/c been dormant.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132

Thanks for your reply. The account was closed end of August 2012 so not long! It is also a current account.

(Apparently the person I spoke to at Barclays said that there have been a large number of accounts closed recently so imagine there could be many people in the same boat.)

Hi Carterc,

Sorry, I meant to ask how long the a/c had been inactive prior to being made dormant.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)