• Tweets

• Everyone knows the tories were hiding the costs - and even added 4 billion quid to the taxpayers high interest credit card to fund a chunk of the NI tax reduction - prime example - look at how much cost was hidden re the Rwanda dogwhistle -10 Billion quid     and re the handful of rebels on the benefit limit If the disasters (like the Rwanda rubbish) of Tory dogs being wagged by the extremist minority ERG tail doesn't highlight the issues .. Enlighten yourself here .. (fat chance) Sir Keir Starmer is right to show Labour rebels the door WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Editorial: Suspending seven MPs following their rebellion over the two-child benefit cap is more than a prime minister flexing his political muscle. It is a...  
    • Trump instigated that didnt he @theoldrouge despite losing the election - and Biden mitigated as much as he could within his boundaries?   "President Donald Trump ordered a rapid withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and Somalia in the wake of his 2020 election loss"   “The order was for an immediate withdrawal, and it would have been catastrophic,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., one of two Republican members of the special panel. “And yet President Trump signed the order.”   Trump ordered rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan after election loss WWW.MILITARYTIMES.COM The memo was among the latest revelations from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol building.   Although i agree that Biden should have done more to mitigate Trump driven disasters
    • ok your WS is wrong. Paragraph 16 and 17 says  you did not contract with evri but this is not true - see below  Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency post 251 of occy thread - £844 lost    you should also add a paragraph on donough v Stevenson talking about the fact that even without contract there is still duty of care to goods and by failing to deliver this duty has been breached.   Make those changes and post it back up here and I'll check over things again
    • no we cant add the occy thing because leicster are being difficult people so we're just going to go without it for now
    • no you can email it dont worry about that. take out the index of statement of truth, just not needed
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swimming lessons, no refunds and no alternatives

Phalkera
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a small problem with the swimming pool:

I enrolled my daughter for swimming lessons and all was well for about 6 months.

Eventually she moved up to stage 3

but after a few lessons her new swimming teacher decided she should go back to stage 2

(Daft ASA classification insists on perfect strokes and a variety of them too but that's another story).

Apart from the humiliation I wasn't too impressed with the handling of the matter so I cancelled the lessons.

Since we pay in advance the pool owes me 2 months.

I asked whether I could use the balance for something else but they said no,

"money paid is not refundable or transferrable".

My issue is that since stage 2 is too easy and stage 3 too advanced

their services do not suit anymore.

All they offered is to freeze my membership for a month which is no use whatsoever.

The terms and conditions do not say anything about refunds or transfers so some consumer law should apply.

There is also the small matter of a lesson cancelled by the pool due to lack of teacher where, according to their terms,

they should have offered me lesson free of charge which of course never happened.

It takes two days to get an email reply from some daft woman and the receptionists are equally daft and have no decisional power anyway.

It is not a lot of money but I HATE being fobbed off!

Any idea where I stand and what can I do about it?

Thanks

The law would be contained in the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

However, I'm not sure what would apply here. You aren't saying that they haven't done their job correctly - only that your daughter wasn't up to level three yet but not because of the teacher's fault.

I think that it is a bit silly of the school not to be more flexible - but they may be wihtin their rights.

As far as the missed lessons - clearly you are entitled to a pro rata refund

Hi Phalkera and welcome to CAG

You need to take a close look at the T&C's of the agreement which I assume you signed.

You say there's nothing about refunds or transfers but is anything mentioned about cancellation.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi,

Under "cancel your membership" it just asks to notify them in writing at an address. This apparently applies to "Membership" which is not necessarily the same as "Swimming lessons membership" and it doeasn't mention anywhere about cancelling the swimming lessons membership. I filled out a form when I cancelled so I hope it's ok, they didn't give me a copy of it (worrying) but it didn't say much anyway unless there was something at the back of it. As I said these terms and conditions have omissions and are generally vague on other points as well.

In fact I think "Swimming lessons membership" is not at all the same as "Membership" since elsewhere it says about freezing your membership and in brackets (not applicable to swimming lessons membership).

I'm pretty sure the form I signed when I cancelled was the direct debit form.

In my last email I told them that it doesn't say anywhere that money paid is not refundable or transferrable so they either refund me or offer me an alternative and gave them a couple of options which would be acceptable. I don't think I'm being ureasonable but since it takes 2 days for them to reply I feel that it's just a procrastinating tactic and they hope I'll go away. Grrrrr

Hi Phalkera,

I see two possible ways forward :-

1. The swimming teacher should not have moved her on to the next stage if she was not ready for it. Putting her back down a level is, as you say, humiliating for the girl. Therefore you should insist on a pro rata refund unless the provider can show clear T&C's which you agreed to waiving rights to such a refund AND those T&C's are fair to you as the consumer.

2. Save yourself the time and trouble of arguing over something trivial, forget it and move on.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi slick132,

Thanks for your reply, most appreciated.

I'll return them the favour by slagging off their swimming lessons to all my friends:razz: but yes, it is trivial and not really worth the hassle. Let's hope they don't start chasing me for missed payments...

Please let us know if they make any demands from you.

:-)

Hi

Have to agree with slick132 you need a copy oy the "T+C for Swimming Lessons Membership" but also you should be asking them why you were never provided with a copy of the "Swimming Lessons Membership T+C".

You require a full explanation and a copy of there Cancellation Policy for Swimming Lessons Membership.

You also require a full explanation as to why your daughter was moved from "Stage 2" to "Stage 3" and after XX months was being moved from "Stage 3" back to "Stage 2" as the way in which this was handled by your staff was humiliating for your daughter.

Due to these circumstances and the actions of your staff this is why I cancel that membership and have been refused a refund.

I also require copies of the following:

1. Complaint Procedure.

2. Customer Care Policy.

3. Swimming Lessons Membership Policy and Procedure.

4. Swimming Lessons Membership Terms and Conditions.

5. Swimming Lessons Membership Cancellation Policy.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group