irishson v NatWest

Irishson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello not too sure if this is the right place to be but i have currently had a student overdraft with natwest that i pay £10 per month into but it is just paying the interest really and im wondering if i can get some help agreeing a payment plan with natwest so to just pay the overdraft off and have the balance reduced so im not paying the interest, i dont use this account at all it was just a stupid mistake made while at uni, and it has now gone over the overdraft limit so i want to start paying it off properly but im worried i'll be expected to pay a ludacris amount?? can anyone help??

Is this your main banking facility ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

my main account is with the bank of ireland, i had gone over the overdraft in the past and natwest asked me to deposit at least £10 per month into the account to reduce the balance however it was either taken by interest or by me stupidly taking it back out, the limit is at 1350 and its gone over by 60 in charges to 1410, im looking to pay this off month by month but i want to arrange a payment plan so that i cant access the money and that there wont be any significant interest or charges and obviousley without it going to a debt collection agency.

I think you need to write to the bank asking them to close the account and freeze interest and charges. Advise there is simply no point in your making these payments only to see the debt increase.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

and would i be able to do this over the phone as they have sent a letter to my previous address asking that i call?

I think you need to keep all contact in writing/email. Or, if you telephone are you able to record what is being said - if not, you must confirm immediately what is said in writing.

BCOBS