• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I have 3 agreements with brighthouse the last one being taken out last summer.

We are both students and understandably our finances fluctuate.

We always maintained our payments until july this year when we fell 2 weeks behind I phoned the Chester store and asked to speak to the store manager, only to be told that he was on annual leave. I was out onto a chap claiming to be the deputy manager. I explained that I was 2 weeks behind and needed to split the arrears over 2 weeks in order to get back on track. At this point the deputy manager started shouting that I had signed a contract and could not dictate to them how to pay, and that I had to make full payment by noon on the saturday (this conversation happened on the wednesday) or he expected to see me in the branch to explain myself!!

I told him that I would not and could not pay in full or attend the branch and that I found his manner both uncalled for and aggressive and requested that he speaks to me in a respectable manner. He then continued to shout that if I did not attend the branch by noon on saturday they would be out to remove my goods by force if necessary, at which point I laughed!! I then explained to him that I was not stupid and know they cant do that without a court order and suggested he go away and read the laws on reposession.

I paid the account up to date the following weekand raised a complaint with their customer services regarding the abusive outburst of the deputy manager. I recieved an email off the customer services department stating that they taking this matter very seriously and that the store manager would be in contact to discuss the matter.

The following week two women from the Chester branch called at my home, my husband was busy at the time they called so took some time to answer the door, they continually hammered on the door for a number of minutes and when he got to the door he found one of the women standing on top of our bins shouting across the fence to our 5 year old. My husband refused to speak to them as I was not at home and their behaviour was inappropriate.

I have heard nothing more regarding my complaint

At this present time we are once again behind by 3 weeks due to a death in the family and priorites have had to change.

Last week an man from the Chester store came out, I was at work, my husband answered the door, stated that I was not at home. My husband stated that we would be in the position to pay our account on tuesday, the representative began shouting at my husband demanding that I make contact and pay that day, my husband repeated that I would not be making contact, the representative then took a step towards my husband and shouted in his face that I woulld be making contact or he would be back. at which point my husband told him to leave or he would psyically remove him from the property

I contacted customer services and stated that if any bright house representatives came to my home without a court oder the police will be called

they have been back twice and became verbally abusive these have been video recorded as evidence and we have once again contacted head office to stated that they can only communicate with us in writing. once I stated that we have 2 recordings of their staff being aggressive they agreed that they would not call again.

I have asked for an alternative method of payment as I will not deal with their employee either on the phone or in person they have yet to provide these

I have contacted the ombudsman who have started looking into the matter

I have also sent the store a copy of the office of fair tradings guidelines on debt collection highlighting theclauses they have breached

any ideas what else I can do to protect myself from any more harassment??

you have done the right thing to record them carry on in future if they re attend

remember they have no right to be on your property they are not bailiffs they have no powers and are nothing less than a Muppet

a snail has more right to be on your property then them

in future tell them to leave and close the door if they wish to carry on call the police (not 999)

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I think someone may point you in thru right direction but i would write to them telling them they are not welcome on your property as common law states you can. If they turn up the police will be called.

we've done this 4 times and I have again stated it over the phone to head office.

The monkey that came out today stood in the middle of our street shouting that we should expect bailiffs!! all on tape I might add!!

we've done this 4 times and I have again stated it over the phone to head office.

The monkey that came out today stood in the middle of our street shouting that we should expect bailiffs!! all on tape I might add!!

bailiffs have no powers so that shouldn't worry you all wrong there behavior

make a formal complaint about them do it in writing

stay off the phone to them:smile:

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

The collection activities of this company never cease to amaze me: it is beyond comprehension that they are able to hold a Consumer Credit License They break every rule in the book and yet are allowed to blunder on regardless. I would suggest that as well as reporting every breach to the relevant regulatory bodies, local Members of Parliament should be copied into the complaint surrounding their disgraceful if not illegal conduct

ive been intouch with the ombudsman who have opened a case.

we told brighthouse that we will pay when they provide details of how we can without dealing with any of their representatives, theyve yet to supply these.

Recording them seems to have worked though as weve not heard from them in nearly a week!!

• 2 months later...

We are having the same issue - due to circumstances out of our control we are 2 week late- told them ill be in on tuesday - yet today so far iev had 5 missed calls and a man at the door - who put a note through asking we call the store before 5pm - yet STILL went on to call 2 times after this note was put through!