Cabot Again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently contacted these Maggots about alleged debts that they have purchased from over 4 years ago. I requested the original signed documents on 5th August. I received no response within 30 days. I then demanded that they remove the defaults that they have registered on my account as they have broken the law. This is what they have replied with.

Dear Flinty_1

Please confirm why you feel that Cabot Financial have broken the law.

As we are not the originators of these accounts, the 30-day legal limit does not apply to us. The information may have been archived, therefore it could take some time to retrieve.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

This letter is dated 30th September which is a long time after the 30 day limit.

I am wondering if it is now worth taking this company to court as they are delibererately breaking the law and misleading people.

Like most other people I did offer reasonable repayment terms to the companies involved and naturally they refused. They all relate to one missed payment that then escalated into HORRENDOUS charges:mad: levied that I could not pay at the time. The net result is now an uncredit worthy person who cannot now get a Mortgage.

You may complain to yor local trading standards office, breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is a criminal offence and they are best placed to investigate it.

Use this letter.

Dear Sir/Madam

COMPLAINT UNDER SECTION 77(1) and SECTION 78(1) CONSUMER CREDIT ACT (1974)

I submitted the enclosed notice under Section 77(1) and 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to Cabot Financial on (date) in respect of an alleged debt to them (their reference XXXXX).

To date Cabot Financial have not responded to this notice as required by law in that they have not supplied a copy of the alleged original signed agreement or a copy of the alleged deed of assignment from the original creditors.

As more than 30 days have now elapsed, Cabot Financial has committed a criminal offence and I wish to submit a formal complaint to you.

I would be obliged if you confirm what action you propose to take in respect of this matter.

Yours faithfully

Send a copies of all letters and let them take over. If they receive enough of these then Cabot may have to shape up.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 4 weeks later...

Have recieved the following letter fron Cheshire Trading Standards office. What do I need to do now?

Date 31 October 2006

Your Ref:

Re Cabot Financial / Consumer Credit Act 1974

I refer to your letter of 13 October.

Only the creditor can commit the offences to which you refer. I would like some moreinformation before proceeding further, such as copies of all of the documents you havereceived from Cabot, and brief details of any other communication you have had withthem. The action this Service would take depends very much upon the circumstances.

Once we have all the information, we will contact the Trading Standards Service (the ‘Home Authority’) in whose area the trader is based in order to find out the history of the company. For instance, whether they have been previously advised, warned, cautionedor prosecuted for offences of this type. If there have been no previous problems it is

likely that the matter will be referred to the Home Authority so that the company can be advised. The Home Authority Principle (HAP) aims to provide consistent and coordinatedtrading standards enforcement services across the UK. The idea is that problems can be dealt with at source by advice and consultation, and businesses receive advice andinformation from one particular local authority. However, the Home Authority Principle

does not remove the primary responsibility for enforcement from the local authority inwhose area an incident takes place, nor does it remove the onus on businesses for ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.

I enclose a FREEPOST envelope for you to use. If you have any queries please contact

me.

Yours sincerely,

I)

9?

Paul Barrow

Team Manager Regulatory Services (East)

For County Manager, Safer & Stronger Communities

Phone: 01260 285488

Email: paul.barrow~cheshire.govwk

Fax: 01260 285494

If you have difficulty making contact ~%~1 of~

please phone 01244 602424 4~1 %~ )

ES 28435

• 1 month later...

This matter has now (with my permission) been transferred to Kent Trading standards. Apparently there has been a few complaints about Cabot/kingshill or whatever they call themselves today, so the more the merrier.

I have also threatened Cabot with court action with the intention of claiming from them all the excess interest that I have paid over the last few years due to their default registrations. This seem to have stopped any harrassment about giving them some money.

I will have to wait however, until trading standards get back to me withe a definitive answer.

However it is Great to have these LOW-LIFE morons :rolleyes: (and that is being unfair to morons) off my back for the next few weeks.

Happy Christmas everyone:D