Argos amd DCA'S partly given up the ghost on me?

j_semple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll edit that accordingly and send that recorded on Monday. ;) I left the date in when the account was opened. Does that make any difference too? Also where the xxxxx's are above? What would I change it to? I mean this:

On xx/xx/2009 I wrote to xxxxxxxxx requesting that xxxxxxx supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for this account.

In response to this request I was supplied a mere application form which did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. ;) I'll get that all done for Monday and see what happens next (Although likely won't get any info to friday as I will be gone from Tuesday to Friday) I'll wait and see what happens next.

Just to update slightly. I altered the letter slightly that you gave me cerbe (Only added a little paragraph of my own at the bottom) ;) I've posted it off recorded/special delivery so they will get it tomorrow regardless. I'll scan in and post whatever I recieve next from them. I can hardly wait for their response. ;)

Update time.

Another letter from their "Pre Court Division" Scary words! :razz: Anyway it says (Not scanning this 1 up this time as I got limied net access at the moment)

Dear Mr

RE: Argos Ltd

We adknowledge receipt of your recent correspondence with regards to the above account.

Please be assured that your account is now on hold whilst we investigate this matter further with our client and that we will communicate their response to you upon receipt.

In the meantime if you require any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on the above telephone number.

Yours sincerely,

A.J.Martin

Debt Recovery Manager.

There you have it. ;)

The next letter from Moorcroft will be the one that says they are closing their file and returning the account to Argos.

Then 3 months later, Argos will pass it to a different DCA, and the whole thing starts again.

So for for me it's been 3 years and 8 different DCA's all for the same unenforceable Argos account. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

8 different DCA'S. Yay I look forward to it. :p I'll stick to my guns and send the same letters i've been sending to everybody that decides to attack me. I can't go into details as it's too long and complicated but I'm not sure if it's unenforcable as I had a major issue with somebody stealing my Argos card details and running me up a huge bill. I challenged argos about it who basically said it was my fault and they had specific proof that I was making calls to place these orders (I asked for the so called proof and of course they wouldn't give me it or wouldn't even reveal who bought the items in my name) I said to argos, well if you cant and won't provide me the proof of who did this to me? I refuse to pay the money which I don't owe to the account. Stuck to my guns and next thing I knew, Moorcroft got involved. ;) I got more fuel in my fire to deal with any DCA though thanks to this place. ;)

You have nothing to worry about with the Argos CCA. Totally unenforceable application form. Also it's likely they don't have the original, as they were sent to head office for approval, then shredded. They'll only have a photocopy which is what they sent you a copy of, (and not a good quality one at that.)

Do you still have the default notice they will have sent before passing the account to Moorcroft? As that will be also dodgy, in not giving you 14 days to recitify the default, and the default amount being inaccurate due to there being unlawful penalty charges in there.

Always best to hit them with as much mud as you can, and hope most of it sticks.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Apparently my next letter from Moorcroft wasn't the they we're returning it to their client after all! :p (I'll scan it in and post it shortly and you can tell me what you think) Doesn't make much sense to me as they seem to have avoided the whole account in dispute thing but we shall see. I'll scan and post it up in a little bit.

(Just curious as to what you think that other letter I got today might mean)?
It's just part of their threat-o-gram cycle designed to intimidate, they send them out automatically... there's no human input.. even if they were written by hand there's still no human input. ;)

hi all a quick question... i too am getting letters from moorcroft from an unenforcable natwest debt. i have sent the account in dispute letter but moorcroft ignoring. should i just ignore them totally or request cca. i am thinking if i cca they will only pass back and the natwest will only give to another vulture, may as well just let moorcroft send me letter every couple of weeks.... any thoughts please

hi all a quick question... i too am getting letters from moorcroft from an unenforcable natwest debt. i have sent the account in dispute letter but moorcroft ignoring. should i just ignore them totally or request cca. i am thinking if i cca they will only pass back and the natwest will only give to another vulture, may as well just let moorcroft send me letter every couple of weeks.... any thoughts please

Let them carry on wasting their time and postage for the time being. ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...