• Tweets

• Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this? Every day is a school day.
    • Hi Guys, well a year on and my friend has just received this in the post today, obviously a little scared so looking for more of your advice.  Letter from the NCC dated 1-May-2024 is as follows.......   Before deputy district judge Haythorne sitting at the national business centre, 4th floor st Kathrine's house Northampton Upon reading an application from the claimant  it is ordered that  1. The claim be sent to the county court at #### (Friends local Court) Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed.  A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this order.  If the application is one which requires a hearing, and a) the party making the application is the defendant: and b) the defendant is an individual, then upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the defendants home court.  In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.    As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) 
    • I am heading over to hers tomorrow so I will find out.  Will there be something written in the agreement or does it depend on the agreement its self ? Just so I know what to look for, so I can provide as much information as possible on here. 
    • The answer to this is going to depend on what the agreement your friend signed says. Or contact the housing provider and ask them.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Santander/Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

See what the DCA comes up with on the NOA when it comes.

Is it showing on CRAs?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for next daft question, but who should I send the SAR to? Is there a particular person or department it should be addressed to ?

To the DATA Controller

marked confiential, keeps it out of the hands of customer (dis) services.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid that I have found Noddle practically useless often way out of date, many companies only use Equifax or Experian, so there will only be entries on those CRAs.

I suggest checking either or both main agencies.

To remove a connection write a notice of disassociation to the Data Controller at the CRAs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Would you like a draft to suit the situation, can do when I get home later today.

Hello Mrs.B. Stat Barred letter.

The Compliance Manager

Moorcroft.

Ref: as on their letters.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to recent and on going correspondence regarding a debt for £ xxxx which you allege is owed by me relating to an account with Santander, please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Moorcroft or any company it may claim to represent.

I have been prompted thanks to the continued correspondence to review my credit history and have concluded that this matter is now statute barred, therefore I will not now or at any time in the future make any payment or offer of payment in relation to the alleged debt.

Should Moorcroft consider disputing the status of the alleged debt I remind Moorcroft that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the matter is not statute barred lies entirely on Moorcroft.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

You will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records, you will confirm in writting compliance with these instructions.

This is my final response.

• Confused 1

Thank you Brig, that is a great help. I am just wondering about the second paragraph; would it be better to put in a sentence about receiving information from Santander, or is it better not to mention it and keep it as it is?

Personally I would leave it out Mrs.B.

Okey dokey, it certainly reads fine to me as it is. No doubt they will try to argue the toss in some way or other!

Thank you again, Brig. Very much appreciated :-)

No problem, let em argue!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mrs B, so satans have linked your new address to MrB, can draft a letter ostensibly being from Mr B on your behalf stating the debt is SB and not nto use your address any more as he not resident there.

Oh dear, this one has become a little more complicated, so any further help would be appreciated.

It would appear that the santander debt has now gone from moorcroft to wescot.

The complication is that a letter has arrived from wescot addressed just to Mr B but to MY new address.

This has been an ongoing problem as someone somewhere seems to think that they can use my new address to contact Mr B.

I rang CL Finance about two weeks ago when a letter had arrrived from them and chewed their ears off because I was so angry.

They claimed that as Mr B's name was linked with mine they would have got the address that way.

As I pointed out to them, there may be a link between the names but this address has NEVER been listed as a contact for Mr B

and insisted they remove it from their records.

None of the letters are address c/o, so they obviously think this is where he lives.

I am so angry about this but there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do to stop them, the address has been passed around the lot of them.

I am not sure now quite what to do.

My name is also on the Santander account even though this letter has been sent to just Mr B

so it has to be dealt with as I don't want them suddenly chasing me.

Obviously I need to send off the statute barred letter,

but I just don't know whose name to put on it and I obviously do not want them writing to my new address,

especially if they think Mr B lives here.

I'm now just worn out with all this,

I'm tired of and I just want them to go away,

leave me alone and stop just assuming that they can use my address to contact mr B.

I'm really tempted to call wescot now and ask them why they are writing to him at this address,

but I know you should never call them. It might make things worse!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the Person Attention of The Data Controller

Santander:

Ref: account number: Mr. E Blackadder.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to Santanders' letter dated xx xx xxxx in reference to the above mentioned account, please note this letter is not ancknowledgment of or admission of any liability to Santander.

Having now researched relevant parts of my credit history I have concluded that the account is statute barred, therefor no party named on any agreement relative to account number xxxxxxxxx wil make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I would remeind you that should Santander wish to dispute the status of the account the onus of providing unequivocal proff that the account is not statute barred falls entirely on Santander. I have benn made aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

Santander will now cease to process ALL data relating to the parties named in any alleged agreement and remove it from its' records with immediate effect, in particular Santander will remove the address used on its' letter dated xx xx xxxx.

This is the final response.

Recorded Delivery!!

Sorry Mrs B I thought we were still dealing with Satans Bank, yes just substitute wetcloths for satans

For wetdcloths address to the Compliance Manager.

Ahh perhaps I'm a Fallen star:madgrin:thankyou!!

You're more than welcome :)

I'm impressed that CAG thinks I have some reputation to spread around :whoo:

Your thanks on the thread is much appreciated Mrs.B.:lol:

Ok just after remove it from records as Mr. E B does not reside at this address.

What Company name id on the entry? Still satans bank? Or Westcott either way this letter should help.

If so send the following RD to the Data Controller.

Formal Complaint:

Erroneous and Damaging Credit Reference File Entry.

Sir /Madam,

I refer to an entry made on my credit reference files held by xxxxxxxx credit reference agency (screen print attached) as Santander is well aware this account was defaulted more than 6 years ago this account has previously been marked as ''dormant'' with a Zero balance since 2010, on checking my credit file I have found that this account has now been updated as a ''Default'' entry with a date of Nonember 2011,.

This is a gross manipulation of my credit reference data for the following reasons:

1. No notice of intenrtion to default the account has been received.

2. No actual Default Notice has been received.

3.The default date of November 2011 has no relevance to the conduct of this account.

4. The cause of action on nthis account is more than 6 years ago.

5. It is highly possible that Wescott (if it is them) are acting unfairly and or unlawfully by registering

incorrect data as a means to extending the time allowed to pursue the alleged debt for which I DO NOT

accept any liability.

It is obvious here that there are breaches of the Data Protection Act 1998, The ICO Technical Guidance on Defaults and the OFT

Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 which I am sure your company is well aware of so I will not waste my time in explaining

the to you.

This spurious and damaging entry must now be removed from ALL credit reference agencies to which it has been reported.

I will because of the seriousness of this matter expect a positive response to this complaint within 14 days of the date of this letter,

after which I shall make complaints to the regulatory bodies mentioned above.

This letter is sent by RM recorded delivery and receipt will be checked.

Generally speaking no the DCA cannot take direct action but in some cases a DCA can be assigned to collect/manage/enforce, but most are simple assignments to collect the debt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mrs B, given the convoluted thinking of Satans bank and my twisted perception to boot I think they want Mr B to complain about mail going to the wrong address, and insisting that ''formal complaint'' is made by phone is nonsense and would vanish into the ether!!

May I suggest that you hand the letters to your postman and ask him to mark the letters ''gone away'' and reurn them so sender.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mrs B,

With this ''corrected'' default date indicates that the last payment must have been some months earlier so SB indeed.

The CRA entry does not need ''updating '' but needs removing completely.

So Wescot are now pursuing a statute barred account??

So a letter to the Compliance Manager at Westcott with a copy of Satans' Banks letter.

Ref: use Wescots.

Dear Curr Or Madman,

I refer to recent communications from Wescot regarding an alleged debt for £xxxx .xxx relating to an account with Santander, please not I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Wescot or any company it may claim to represent.

I have now received a letter from Santander confirming that the default date was wrongly reported ( copy enclosed) given the data provided I have concluded that this alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED, therefore no payment or offer of payment will be made now or in the future.

Wescot will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from its records immediately and confirm in writing that this instruction has been complied with.

This is my final response in this matter.

And for Satans bank. the following when the cheque arrives.

Address to the muppet who wrote the letter.

Ref: use theirs.

Dear xxxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xxxx and your cheque for £60.00.

I have a number of comments to make regarding the conduct of Santander in this matter.

1.The recording of a default date as inaccurate as has happened in this case is extremely serious

and could indicate either misuse of the data and or gross incompetence.

2. The offer of £60.00 I consider derisory in these circumstances given the time trouble and stress

involved in getting the date correct, let alone the costs of having to access credit reference files on a

number of occasions using all 3 main credit reference agencies.

3.The statement in your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding the need to make a payment plan with Wescot

Credit services is at least made with little knowledge of the status of the account or at worst a deliberate

attempt to persuade me to make a payment on an account that is STATUTE BARRED!!

Given the information above I am advised that financial redress should be in the region of £500.00 for the

immense amount of time, stress and cost involved in getting this resolved.

I await your comments which when received I will be able to consider my complaint to the Ombudsman Service

more clearly.