Cheque Centre Confusin and Nightmare - COURT PAPERS SERVED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I should get the papers on Monday or Tuesday, then what?

They probably havent even applied for them yet.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They probably havent even applied for them yet.

I have no idea why these people can't play nice. She just totally lied her face off too me and I was sucked in. Just been on the phone to the co-op as well trying to set up a new account.

You need to get a complaint into the OFT now. They are trying to get judgement by default by conning you into ignoring the papers. This would mean you are liable for the entire amount.

How do I complain to the OFT? Can I do it via email and should I just say what's been happening with Cheque Centre?

What havina stella is saying, in even simpler language is that the money you allocate in that letter, the bank is not allowed, by law to release it for bills/payments etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I think I need to slow down and try and take all this in a little more. Sorry for being thick, it's just a lot of new information for someone who know NOTHING about how to deal with all this and I think so far I've not done ANYTHING wright.You think I should email this so-called cheque centre manager and advise her that I'm on to her?

I think I need to slow down and try and take all this in a little more. Sorry for being thick, it's just a lot of new information for someone who know NOTHING about how to deal with all this and I think so far I've not done ANYTHING wright.You think I should email this so-called cheque centre manager and advise her that I'm on to her?

NO, forget about her!

Perple collecting money will tell you anything to get you to make a payment. Stop calling yourself stupid as well, we were all in your boat once.

Just calm down and relax. You pay back what you can afford, never talk on the phone and deal with each letter/email as it comes.

You can't go to prison anymore for owing money :razz:

Spend some time and have a good read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?327930-Getting-Started-With-Your-Debts-*****-PLEASE-READ!-*****

That will answer most of your questions. Then we can answer any you have left over.

Ok, thank you SO much guys for all your advice so far. It's people like you that make me believe the world isn't as nasty a place as it feels like right now.The thing that worries me most is my wages being arrested, as I have so much to pay every month with bills and stuff and the main thing is money that I pay my dad back every month. If I lost the ability to do that I'd be in big trouble with him haha.Thanks again, you are all stars!! xx

Get the new account open, get your money switched to the new account, then start thinking about debts and repayments. The main concern you need to address is securing your money.

If the new one is with a different banking group, then nobody can touch it apart from you. We've seen a few times, where people have had debts, theyve moved to another bank, but in the same group, and the banks have shared account details. Once you have this new account, NEVER pay any bills from it. Send the money to one of your other accounts and pay them, or set up a standing order.

Under no circumstances use a debit card to pay a bill with a debt collection agency. You can guarantee they will abuse it and share the account info with other DCA's.

Yeha I thought I was in the clear when I swapped to RBS only to discover today that RBS and Tesco are friends and that CapQuest have my Tesco debt and they might give them my new details. Hopefully I'llbe safe with the co-op eh.So I should just set up a standing order from my new accounf for the amount of money I need for my bills and send it to my RBS account which I have all my direct debits and standing orders set up in any way?

Yeha I thought I was in the clear when I swapped to RBS only to discover today that RBS and Tesco are friends and that CapQuest have my Tesco debt and they might give them my new details. Hopefully I'llbe safe with the co-op eh.So I should just set up a standing order from my new accounf for the amount of money I need for my bills and send it to my RBS account which I have all my direct debits and standing orders set up in any way?

I don't see a connection with RBS and Tesco on that list but Payplan probably know best eh.

Tesco bank used to be a joint venture with tesco and RBS

Still can't get over that manager 'Michelle' at the Cheque Centre today.She actuallt said they would be happy to accept the DMP, took my Payplan reference number and said that she would put a hold on my account for 3 weeks as it might take Payplan that long to get in touch with Cheque Centre, she even gave me the date! She said the papers would still be sent to me and I should do one of two things , 1) Send back to her or 2) Send back to the court. Then she was all like, is that more clear for you now than when you spoke to Alan earlier in the week and to be honest it was all more clear and seemed way more reasonable but it was ALL lies!!!

yep. If you send them back to the court or to them, the claim would still go ahead. The claimant are the ones who have to stop proceedings. You dont have to do anything on that front.