• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you see my post from yesterday, 2 days ago i recieved an email off someone registered under toothfairys license at web processing loans ltd, on the same day i had NDR and MH threatening me too, so even tho mco capital is gone now, should MH and NDR be contacting anyone since they dont actually own the debt as they were the same company as speed credit. Be interesting for the OFT statement to see if they had appealed or not

They just seem to dig themselves deeper into the crap and dont care, they must be clutching at straws now to get as much money as possible to pay off the £500k fine!

When they leave an answer phone message does anyone else get a load of music for about 5 mins then some one decides to rhyme off a poorly written script?

Hi guys, Looks like debt may have been sold to Toothfairy as it operates under 2 seperate licenses (CIM, CCL- 615666 and Web Loan Processing, CCL- 637426). While obviously linked to speedcredit/paycheck/marshall/etc these guys still have a consumer license, though wait until you receive everything in writing. Maybe they'll realize this isn't going to go well for them the way they were collecting, change their ways and drop the insane charges but I very much doubt it. Hopefully the OFT will also be investigating these guys and will soon follow suit in some tasty revocation action.

Only way to oust these guys is to get the complaints in! Highlight the fact that the bank account numbers are exactly the same, highlight that toothfairy has sent you emails as well!

@Tinkerbell, Anymore shady clipboard wielding guys been waiting at your gate?, Go have a chat from behind the gate with a video recorder if he cames again and you feel upto it:) Bring the fight to them!

I have actually spoke to them on the phone and agreed a payment plan in writing with zero charges added. Also got bank details etc and the guy wasn't rude or anything in the slightest. This is one i have been trying to crack for so long its unreal.

They also offered a payment in full offer below what i owe to close the debt (also in writing). Looks like they have had to come to their senses somewhat.

Hi guys, Looks like debt may have been sold to Toothfairy as it operates under 2 seperate licenses (CIM, CCL- 615666 and Web Loan Processing, CCL- 637426). While obviously linked to speedcredit/paycheck/marshall/etc these guys still have a consumer license, though wait until you receive everything in writing. Maybe they'll realize this isn't going to go well for them the way they were collecting, change their ways and drop the insane charges but I very much doubt it. Hopefully the OFT will also be investigating these guys and will soon follow suit in some tasty revocation action.

Only way to oust these guys is to get the complaints in! Highlight the fact that the bank account numbers are exactly the same, highlight that toothfairy has sent you emails as well!

@Tinkerbell, Anymore shady clipboard wielding guys been waiting at your gate?, Go have a chat from behind the gate with a video recorder if he cames again and you feel upto it:) Bring the fight to them!

No-one esle has been since that bob, but by the looks of it my loan as been sold to them too,which ive never been advised of but a person from web loans processing ltd answered my complaint and apologised for the service ive recieved and asked for a copy of my expenidture/income form. should i deal with him or just hang back for a few days till im made formally aware they own my debt?

Is it ok to drop them a quick email that says

I see you are contacting me from web loans processing which is another trading name for toothfairy finance, my loan was taken out with speed credit/MCO capital. can you please confirm why you are contacting me if my debt isnt with your company?

Kind Regards

Edited by tinkerbell_2k12

I have actually spoke to them on the phone and agreed a payment plan in writing with zero charges added. Also got bank details etc and the guy wasn't rude or anything in the slightest. This is one i have been trying to crack for so long its unreal.

They also offered a payment in full offer below what i owe to close the debt (also in writing). Looks like they have had to come to their senses somewhat.

how much do you now owe for the £100 you orginally borrowed?

@ Sillyboywyn, Anymore details on this? can you copy and paste or summarize key parts of the letter? and what company contacted you via letter and what company did you phone? is the call recorded??

@Tinkerbell, definitely wait until you get something in writing, but try get both email/letter. Get an email confirming they have bought the debt, what amount the debt is now due to them and a breakdown, who it was bought from, and ask them also how a completely different company now has access to your complaint with MCO.

If anyone else can chip in with what to ask feel free, working atm so will be on and off this.

He included a breakdown with the response of my complaint for a £200 loan the debt currently stands at £936, it doesnt seem to include the token payments ive been making expect one of them, in my orginal complaint i requested a full break down of the £350 charge and ive never recieved an answer for that

12/06/2012 Issue LO-101084 (SYS) £200.00 13/06/2012 Charge Cash Transmission Fee £5.00 13/06/2012 Charge Interest-1 £48.00 27/06/2012 Charge Interest-2 £48.00 11/07/2012 Charge Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) £10.00 11/07/2012 Payment PBAS-178458 -£5.00 11/07/2012 Charge Interest-3 £48.00 25/07/2012 Charge Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) £10.00 25/07/2012 Charge NDR Accept Case File £200.00 25/07/2012 Charge Solicitors - Case Preparation £150.00 25/07/2012 Charge Interest-4 £48.00 08/08/2012 Charge Missed Payment Fee 3 (day 57) £10.00 08/08/2012 Charge Interest-5 £48.00 22/08/2012 Charge Interest-6 £48.00 22/08/2012 Charge Missed Payment Fee 4 (day 71) £10.00 05/09/2012 Charge Missed Payment Fee 5 (day 43) £10.00 05/09/2012 Charge Interest-7 £48.00 TOTAL AMOUNT OUTSTANDING AS AT 5.09.12 £936.00

When this gets confirmed as sold to this company. State that the you are disputing these charges as they are unlawful, and you will agree to pay back the original loan + 1 months interest, explain you have made more token payments than this and advise them that the previous company partly lost its license due to the unlawful charges applied, and that you would like this to be investigated/charges removed, as you wouldn't like to see a similar action taken against toothfairy (LIES) (offering settlement might help(last resort of coming to an agreement), but never tell them you actually have the money)

Transmission Fee: Actually should state £4.90 in your contract(it did in mine)

NDR acceptance fee: Passed from one desk to another (ask them to prove this was sent to an independent company) therefore not lawful

Charge solicitors: Again passed to an INTERNAL LEGAL TEAM which makes it unlawful to apply this charge

I'm sure most of the other charges aren't justified but I'm not sure why:( would need a more experienced cagger to explain that one.

Let us know what happens

I offered speed credit £10 a month till i get myself back in employment which they rejected, which is more tha they would of gettin in court, so my offer would be the orginal loan of £200 plus one months interest of £96 plus the £4.90 transmisson fee the grand total is £300.90p not £936 that their looking for. Lets see if ill be able to reason with them, i bet these people are being all nicey nicey in fear of toothfairy being shut down aswell, they will get found out to being linked with speed credit theres no doubt of that, its impossible for them prive that their not .

Yeah, fingers crossed. Also ask them why they have taken over a debt when they are a loan company not a debt management company? Not sure on the legality of this either:S

Last time OFT gave Toothfairy a slap on the wrists, the agreement was that Toothfairy may not:

"Levy charges that are disproportionate to the main debt and which do not reflect the actual, necessary cost of recovering a debt"

"Pressure debtors who have defaulted on an agreement to pay unreasonably large instalments when they are unable to do so"

you might also want to highlight this to them

Edited by Placidbob

Also, if they provide the same bank details, question why they're using the same details as speedcredit, : you could advise that you believe they are actually speedcredit are trying to pose as another company and you believe this to be against the law (i'm nopt sure if it is but it would be reason for suspicion, tried talking to your local CAB?)

(Also like to highlight that nothing I say is verified fact, just my opinion, based on my own experiences and from other threads)

update on my case, recieved this this morning

Letter of Instruction & Notice Reminder

Reference: BAILIFF/INTR/

Client: Speed Credit - Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*

Client Ref:

Date: 08/09/2012

We are writing to give you formal notice that Speed Credit - Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* has legally assigned the rights of the above debt to Marshall Hoares Bailiffs. This means that Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited now legally own this debt.

YOU WILL HAVE OR WILL SHORTLY RECEIVE A HOME VISIT

We intend to pursue you fully for all outstanding sums (GBP 936) including any fees we incur collecting this debt . Payment in full must be received no later than 17:00 to avoid further door collection fees being added to your file. DO NOT IGNORE OR THIS WILL COST YOU MORE

Debt GBP 536

Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5

Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) GBP 10

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150

Missed Payment Fee 5 (day 43) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 4 (day 71) GBP 10

Missed Payment Fee 3 (day 57) GBP 10

Repayments todate GBP 5

Total GBP 936

TAKE NOTICE: You should accept this letter as formal notification that unless payment is received within 4 days then your account will be fast-tracked and considered for the following:

Consequences of inaction:

1. Court Judgement legal action will be automatically started in the County Court for recovery of the full amount outstanding. Any such proceedings will include additional claims for legal costs and interest which will increase the amount you will be required to pay.

2. Warrant of execution will be applied for to enable us to seize goods at your addresses and or an attachment of your earnings.

3. Register of Judgements any judgement will be entered in a public register, the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines Credit Reference Agencies, who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on you financial reputation. This will make it very difficult for you to get credit.

4. Credit reference Speed Credit have already advised the Credit Reference Agencies of your DEFAULT. This may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future. Once the balance is paid in full, only then will the default be shown as “Default Satisfied”.

To AVOID A HOME VISIT or further action you should PAY IMMEDIATELY

1. online using a card by v isiting:

http://www.marshallhoares.com

OR

2. at bank either over the counter at the bank or by electronic transfer to:

Barclays Bank

Account Number: 93462382

Sort Code: 20-50-94

Reference: Use your mobile number ) as a reference

This debt will not go away and should not be ignored

You can contact us on 08433811111 to discuss your outstandig debt.

Yours Faithfully

Anti - Fraud

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

Same old crap they throw out. Get it to the FOS and OFT.

Tell MH that they have bought a debt that was in serious dispute and they should hand it back. Also, contact their local trading standards office and advise them of what MH have done and are doing.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thats why they are under investigation by trading standards and the OFT. They are all run by the same people, have the same details, but use different licences to try and get around certain laws.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thats why they are under investigation by trading standards and the OFT. They are all run by the same people, have the same details, but use different licences to try and get around certain laws.

I cant see a light at the end of the tunnel unless they all get shut down, cos there never gonna accept just the loan amont and a months interest, i finally got a reponse of the oft the other day saying my complaints have been added to other complaints made against the company and they wouldnt be intouch unless it was to update any action was made against the company

Speedcredit for all intents and purposes have lost their licence. Remember, the 28 days was just for them to submit the appeal. Their appeal still needs to be revised and considered and a result granted.

As for the others, we already have multiple reports from different posters that have quoted the OFT in correspondance saying that all the companies involved are under investigation due to a lot of reports.

We and a lot of other sites know, and indeed others have gone into great detail about how they are all connected. It's just a matter of time before it reveals itself to the regulators.

As for SC, do a search on a few other consumer sites. You'll see that SC have "sold" a heck of a lot of debts off during the appeal stage.