style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been living abroad for the last 18month and fortunately enough I visited the Uk on holiday on to find an SDA through the letter box.

I called the process server to find out what it was all about, he informed me that he had to serve a bankruptcy petition and wanted to know where he could come to meet him.

As I was flying out of the country the next day, I informed him that I was not resident in the country and did not receive any information from them.

Returned to the UK a few weeks ago only to find a Substituted SDA stamped by the court and sent by Ist Credit solicitors notifying me of a hearing date.

In my panic I went to borrow money to pay off the balance outstanding because I had no clue on what to do, contacted insolvency practitioners who were going to be charging £200 per hour (dint have the money to pay for that kind of fee). I went abroad again only to receive another notice from the solicitors.

I no longer reside in the UK and work abroad for the last 18months

The debt was transferred from Halifax to 1st Credit. total debt £10350.

The debt was paid off before the hearing date, but I have since received another court notice from 1st credit solicitors requesting about £3000 in court fees.

I want to dispute this cost, can this be done, I do not have any more funds to pay for costs, what can I do, hearing is in 2 days time

Need help

I have flagged your thread for attention.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well obviously there were going to be costs, whether you can afford them is neither here nor there, those costs should be proportionate though, so i would start by asking for a breakdown of the costs to see if they are, when is the hearing date?

What a pity you couldn't have defended this earlier.....it is likely that there are excessive charges and possible missold PPI (let alone any other issues with agreements, defaults etc). A Now you have paid off the debt, if it was me I would be appearing in court to fight the costs, but I don't hold out much hope as you didn't get the chance to appear in person. what can you do ? Dispute the costs with the judge on the day....you may be able to come to a monthly agreement on costs, but they may want to secure it on any property you own...I think unless you get a reasonable judge you are caught between a rock and a hard place.