dn852k4 Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To date I've sent off the intial letter and summary of charges (£371 in total). On Monday I recieved a phone call offering me £55 to settle my complaint, which I declined. I was then offered a final amount of £160. I also declined this and requested the offer to be made in writing.

I recived a letter today. Here's an excerpt from it:

" As a gesture of goodwill I offered to refund £160 of charges to your account, which you do not wish to accept. We are not prepared to refund all the charges that you have incurred on your account over the last six years. I must stress that future charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.

I know this won't be the response you were hoping for, to comply with legislation, I would like to let you know that if you were to remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to Finanacial Ombudsman Service. They can be contacts on 0845 080 1800 or by post"

What would you suggest to be my next course of action? Would I be right in saying I need to send off the 'LBA' ?If so, should I accept the £160 as part payment?

Dan

Hiya

You can reply to their offer saying you accept the payment as partial settlement but will continue to pursue for the full amount. But remember not to sign anything, you should have a letter for you to sign in with the one they sent, do not sign it or send it back. Just send them a little letter something like this –

Dear Sir/Madam

I am willing to accept your offer of £xxx as PARTIAL SETTLEMENT for my claim. Please be aware that I will continue to pursue the claim until full settlement is received.

Yours sincerely,

Send your LBA as planned.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for that advice Angi.

I sent the LBA off last week. I've just recieved their reply:-

'Dear X

Thank you for your recent letter.

As a gesture of goodwill I offered to refund six months worth of charges to your account, which you do not wish to accept. I confirm that we will not refund all the charges you have incuured on your account over the last six years.

If you remain unhappy you can refer your concerns to the financial Ombudsman Services as outlined in our previous letter.

I'd like to remind you, If you wish to refer the matter to the Ombudsman then you must do so within 6 months of the date of our previous letter.'

I believe my next course of action to be the court claim. On the 'money claim online' website where it states 'amount claimed', should I put the charges owed in there or the charges owed plus 8% interest?

One more thing, do I need to send Halifax another letter/list of charges?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hiya

I would go do your MCOL, when I was that close to winning, I didnt bother getting back to them, I just did my claim.

Your Nearly There

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

How long is a piece of string? It all really depends, they may not submit that they intend to defend giving them another few weeks to submit a defence, Halifax are pretty good at paying up at this stage however, you will just have to wait and see but ultimately you must be prepared to bring this all the way if need be,