• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Claim - lloyds say i didn't have i!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice re my PPI claim against Lloyds.

I filled out the form which they have on there website.

I was unable to give them a/c details as i no longer have them but i filled it out to the best of my ability.

I did have to personal loans with them and the 2nd one was to consolidate the 1st one and other debts.

In the end i had to enter a trust deed/dmp and that ended about 6 yrs ago but looking on other websites it does say to still claim for ppi.

I sent this letter to Lloyds on Friday 20.04.12 and received a letter from them dated the 26.04.12 saying that they have checked there records and established that i didn't have ppi.

I think the response was very quick considering that all i provided was my name and date of birth,

is this a fob off and should i ask them to send me a copy of my details or should i take there word and leave it.

I have 28 days for the date of my letter to respond.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi

Have you got the agreements for these loans?

Do you know that you paid PPI on them or did you put in a claim without knowing whether you had it or not?

ims

The inly way to find out of you had PPI is to get copies of the agreements.

If it were me I'd send them a Subject Access Request (SAR). There is a template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. Add a line that says that this SAR is to include copies of all and any agreements you have ever had with them.

Cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

ims

• Confused 1

Hi ims20,thanks for your response. I have got that document and will send it to them asap, can you tell me is it ok to send a postal order as don't have a cheque book?thanksnoonoo

Hi

Yep Postal Order is probably better cos they can't "lift" your signature from it.

Make sure you write on the back of the PO that it is for the SAR only and is not to be used for any other purpose.

ims

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one I too am dealing with LLoyds 3 Loans and a Gold credit card, I still have some of the Paperwork as I sent for SARS when I was claiming bank charges. Within a couple of days I too received a letter about CC and they replied by saying they had exhausted all avenues and could not find I had any PPI on my CC. To which I have now replied with at least 5 statements highlighting £77 payment card Protection. So like the others suggest go for SARS.

Regards Maria

Hi,

LloydsTSB said the same thing to me. "No record of you having PPI". Seems to be a standard response. They finally capitulated after I issued a claim in the County Court.

Hi thanks for your response, did you send a SAR or have to take them to court first before they changed there mind?

noonoo20

• 1 month later...

I have since received a response from Lloyds re my SAR, they have advised me that they are unable to locate any info on my and to send them my previous address history, I have posted this today. Does anyone know if I was to do an online credit check/report does this give me any info on my previous a/c's and how far back does it go?

Thanks in advance

thanks again ims21, i will have a look.

i have been looking on other post and by the sounds of it lloyds seem to try and stall at every turn. do you think if i was to get in touch with the company that dealt with my iva they could give me any details, this finished about 6 yrs ago though

I also had my claim to Lloyds kicked back quoting the same excuse of no PPI found. It appears to be their standard initial response to oldie claims as they cant be bothered to trawl through their records and hope that the claimant will give up. I was also on a debt management plan (now paid up) but I dont think that had any bearing on how Lloyds processed the claim.

My claim related to credit card PPI dating back to the nineties and early noughties. They only supplied stuff from year 2000 on my SAR but were able to provide earlier summary card info when I phoned the SAR dept.

I even included in my claim the relevant SAR copy statements with the PPI highlighted but this of course was totally ignored when it came to the standard rejection letter being issued.

The claim is now with FOS so I have a good year to wait before any further developments. I am slightly more optimistic about two similarly aged Halifax claims issued at the same time and also based on SAR supplied documents - the claims were acknowledged and not rejected outright so with the 8 week deadline looming, I am hoping for some better news ...

Brett

Hi Brett, yeah by looking at other posts i think lloyds just like to drag their feet. I sent a letter yesterday by recorded post with my full address history since 1994, not sure if they have another 40 days to respond to my sar request? I have also emailled the company that arranged my iva to see if they have any a/c details as this only stopped approx 6 yrs ago. I really dont want to the FOS route but if anything else fails will need to. Hope you get some good news soon

Hi Noonoo, Lloyds should be able to do your SAR based on your address history without the need for account numbers. Based on my personal experience with both bank charge and PPI SARs to numerous banks/credit card companies etc, Lloyds will respond near the tail end of the 40 days but on the plus side, their meaty reponse comes near the top in terms of comprehensive info. Just don't expect any detail prior to 2000. The crazy part is that when you pick out the juicy PPI bits from the SAR and pack it off back to Lloyds as part of a claim, they deny all knowledge Arghhhhhhhhh!!! I hope your claim works out better

Brett

• 1 month later...

Hi All,I have now received a letter from Lloyds advising me that I can pick up my DSAR from my local branch once I let them know where it is. Suprisingly (not) they received my letter on the 29th June and only just managed to send a letter dated the 31st July advising me of this but since then I have received letters from there Recoveries/Collection dept with details of my 2 loans which includes the amount of Loan Protection Insurance. I am looking for a bit of advice on what to do next, do I now need to send another PPI consumer questionnaire? Also I had a 'Trust Deed' which was completed back in 2006, will they try and recover some of this money or try and reject my claim? Finally they told me that I had PPI of £838.35 and £2643.77, how much would I get back?Many thanks in advance for your help

So their response to your initial complaint was that you didn't have PPI and now you have evidence that you did.

Send them a copy of the original fos questionnaire and copies of the evidence. Ask them to put in writing why they initially told you you didn't have it when clearly you did. Tell them that you require this explanation in writing so that you can forward it as an official complaint to fos.

Also take steps to get that SAR information.

Without knowing the full details of the loans and the payments made against them it won't be possible to work out how much is due back.

I'm not sure about the situation with the trust deed but if I can find anything I'll post it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks ims21 for your reply, sorry been on holiday. I have since received my SAR info and have filled in another questionairre with the a/c details and included copies of my documents along with a covering letter so hopefully i will hear something worthwhile. Will keep you posted on how I get on.

• 2 months later...

Hi,Can anyone please tell me what the timescale is for a decision/response from lloyds re my ppi complaint? I sent my 2nd set of ppi questionnaire's along with evidence that i had ppi after receiving my SAR on the 31.08.12 recorded delivery and today when i called for the 3rd time since i sent my new set of docs they have advised me that a decision hasnt been made and they will arrange for a follow up email to be sent to the correct dept. I have asked when i will get a response but they say that they can't give me a timescale, i was on the understanding that they had 8-12 weeks to respond?thanks in advance