No ticket on a train - please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter from South West Trains Prosecuting Office saying they are reviewing my case and I have 14 days to provide any mitigating circumstances.

"My Case" is being on a train without a ticket due to the machine not working. I didn't buy one at the interchange and so although not happy about it, I am willing to accept that I am guilty. However, in the heat of the moment I stupidly gave a fake name and address purely out of frustration with what was happening as at the time I didn't really think it was my fault (although now I know that I was wrong). I imagine that I will be prosecuted under Section 5,3,c) but what is the likely punishment? My concern comes over whether I will have a criminal record at the end of this? I can deal with a fine but really don't want to have criminal record. Is a criminal record standard or is it likely I will only be issued a fine? I have no legal experience and so am a bit clueless on these issues.

Thanks for any help!

I have received a letter from South West Trains Prosecuting Office saying they are reviewing my case and I have 14 days to provide any mitigating circumstances.

"My Case" is being on a train without a ticket due to the machine not working. I didn't buy one at the interchange and so although not happy about it, I am willing to accept that I am guilty. However, in the heat of the moment I stupidly gave a fake name and address purely out of frustration with what was happening as at the time I didn't really think it was my fault (although now I know that I was wrong). I imagine that I will be prosecuted under Section 5,3,c) but what is the likely punishment? My concern comes over whether I will have a criminal record at the end of this? I can deal with a fine but really don't want to have criminal record. Is a criminal record standard or is it likely I will only be issued a fine? I have no legal experience and so am a bit clueless on these issues.

Thanks for any help!

You have posted the same question on three separate threads and I've put two replies up (I'm sure others will too), but I'm afraid that scatter-gun approach often leads to confusion.

Please see one of the responses on the other two threads