Ebay buyer wants a refund, I don't control vodafone network!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so far he hasn't opened a dispute, although to be fair I have not responded to his message yet... as for the paypal I requested that the money be withdrawn to my bank account and on paypal this is saying completed, but as yet it is not in my bank account. I don't have anything down for paypal as direct debit, as far as I can see when ever I pay by paypal it just appears on my bank statements as a withdrawal not a direct debit.

Andy, the ins and outs I was worried about were things such as my car insurance and other household bills, plus my disability benefit goes in monthly.

I've spent all day just looking at the ebay and paypal forums and it just seems that it's all in the buyers favour.

Yes as mentioned they find about 90 percent in the buyers favour

As you don't have a DD in paypal then login and remove your card as a payment option and that's it you will be fine

Payment will be in your account 3 days after withdrawal if withdrawn on a business day including that day but can take 5 days though. As you have a email saying completed it has been processed so now just remove your card as a payment option

Respond to him asking to return the phone special delivery or recorded delivery if he says no I want my money first, tell him to get lost, ebay will TELL him to return the phone as will paypal. until he opens a dispute through ebay or paypal he has no chance, it is not necessarily always in the buyers favour, sellers do win. though rarely.

you need to stop worrying until he opens a dispute, and i don't think he will, anybody thats asks for their money back before they return a item is trying it on. if you refunded them on that basis what do you think your chances are of getting the phone back? NONE! they are using scare tatics , don't be taken in by it. please. are you new on ebay?

Yes as mentioned they find about 90 percent in the buyers favour

As you don't have a DD in paypal then login and remove your card as a payment option and that's it you will be fine

Payment will be in your account 3 days after withdrawal if withdrawn on a business day including that day but can take 5 days though. As you have a email saying completed it has been processed so now just remove your card as a payment option

thanks again, what about the money that ebay take for their fees, can they not refund this scoundrel from my ebay account... sorry to be so wary but every penny counts to me

Respond to him asking to return the phone special delivery or recorded delivery if he says no I want my money first, tell him to get lost, ebay will TELL him to return the phone as will paypal. until he opens a dispute through ebay or paypal he has no chance, it is not necessarily always in the buyers favour, sellers do win. though rarely.

you need to stop worrying until he opens a dispute, and i don't think he will, anybody thats asks for their money back before they return a item is trying it on. if you refunded them on that basis what do you think your chances are of getting the phone back? NONE! they are using scare tatics , don't be taken in by it. please. are you new on ebay?

not new to buying, but this is the first time I have sold anything like this, I needed the money to go away with so the last thing I needed was to be ripped off.

Doesnt look like some of the posters on the Ebay forum like the advice here !

Ignore the incredibly bad advice form the site team guy to shut down payments to PayPal and to report his bank card as stolen.

PayPal will just force a refund and send in debt collectors to chase their money.

I can't believe that guy.

Oh no !..Not the Debt Collectors..start trembling !..What will they do ?... Answer..Sweet FA :)

Andy

ha ha Andy, If I was scared of debt collectors I would have been gone long ago,

As it happens the buyer hasn't opened a case against me yet, I keep checking my e mails bt nothing yet. I was reading their rules and from what I understand he should do it withing seven days of receiving the phone, which leaves him till Thursday. I did contact him telling him he must return the phone at his own expense and we'll take it from there abiding by ebay rules. not heard a dicky bird since. :)