Letter from CSL scared to bits barclays debt

mandyjay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Im worried sick about a letter from credit solutions limited saying if I don't pay in 7 days they will take me to court

Im a disabled mother of 3 kids and on my own and worried that someone will turn up on my doorstep and take my stuff ...

. Please help It is from Barclays Bank and I agree I owe around £400

but I asked them to cancel and freeze my account in April 2010 so I could start paying it off about £5 a month

but they didn't stop it and now there saying I owe £874.79 ..

I know I was paying this PPI but unsure which way to go now Plz help me sort this out asap ...

Thankyou

Mandy

This is just standard junkmail from CSL, the important factor is never to panic, never under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES contact DCA's by telephone. If as you say there is PPI involved claim a refund. Next move send a Subject Access Request (Unfortunately costs £10.00) then calculate added charges and lodge a claim for recovery. If at the end of the day there is still a balance then we can look at an affordable repayment based on you limited income.

Nobody will take your goods THIS IS AN IDLE THREAT FROM A COLLECTION AGENT AND MERELY EMPHASISIS THE IMPORTANCE OF NEVER TALKING TO THEM ON THE PHONE. IF THEY CALL YOU REFUSE TO PROVIDE DATE OF BIRTH OR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. (THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE)

THE LETTERS YOU REQUIRE ARE ON SITE.

CSL are a DCA they have NO LEGAL POWERS

to do ANYTHING to you.

tell us about the debt

how old is it

when did you last pay it

does it show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI Mandy,

Please don't let CSL intimidate you - that's just what they want.

Have a look here about Financial Difficulty - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

If you were suffering FD at the time you asked them to stop charges and interest, and have been in FD since then, you have the right to ask them to remove the charges and interest. This is what they should have done at the time.

Deal with Barclays direct in writing only. Send them a letter reclaiming the charges and interest if you feel it's appropriate.

Send CSL a copy of the letter. Tell them the account is in clear dispute and they have cease all collection activity until the matter is resolved.

:-)

Edited by slick132
clarity

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have asked them ( barclays bank ) 3 times to remove the added money since April 2010 but they say no this was last year and since then I hadn't had any letter then I received the dept collection letter as I said above ... Today I have got a letter from POWER2CONTACT saying "formal notice of intended visit " but it doesn't have a date will they come and can they take my goods... I have always said to barclays I will gladly pay the amount up til April 2010 but from then I ask to freeze my account untill I had paid but they didn't they just kept charging me... They kept increasing my overdraft even though I am a disabled person and I do not work since 1999 and they knew this I kept telling them Im worried about paying it back but they said it was my only option to increase my overdraft...

Im so scared and my illnesses are made worse by stress this is making me very ill...

What do I do next ???

Thankyou

Mandy

The dept is my overdraft that got bigger because the CSA stopped paying the money into my account without telling me and so my car insurance kept going out of my bank acc making me overdrawn this is why I asked them to stop and freeze my account... I have sent them 3 letters saying I am suffering financle difficulties and need there help but they sent a letter back saying I need to pay this amount off in full ... my overdraft was £400 but they have not froze it so now my balance is £874 they cancled my account in dec 2011

Hi MJ,

See the Article here about doorstep visits - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

It is absolutely nothing to worry about. If anyone calls, they have absolutely no authority to do anything. They are not bailiffs and have no powers of seizure.

Use the letter I linked you to in post #4 above. This explains to the bank that they have a DUTY to treat your case sympathetically in accordance with the Banks Lending Code.

You can add two paragraphs explaining your circumstances further as follows :-

............. have been taken from my account.

I am registered disabled and am in receipt of [whatever type of] benefits.

I must add that I have drawn your attention to my circumstances previously and asked that charges and interest be stopped. You have so far chosen to ignore my requests, despite the obligations imposed on you by the Banks Lending Code. Accordingly, if you continue to ignore my reasonable requests for fair treatment, I will consider taking action against Barclays Bank PLC using the BCOB regulations.

I also enclose a schedule of ..............

Read this to see how the bank is obliged to treat you fairly - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=7&a=220

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)