Ive gotten lost calculating intrest. Please help!!

BECKY X
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for your advice, i am going to decline their offer and send out the LBA Letter tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

ahha no it makes sense theyve refunded meonly the twelve pounds not the whole amount now the pennys dropped takes me time but i get there in the end and id refuse it as it was illegal to do it in the first place personally id go for the full amount youve asked for!!xxKia

FWIW the oft suggested that £12 was the level above which they would AUTOMATICALLY think about getting involved.

Since as has been said the £12 seems pretty indefensible from a contractual viewpoint then its likley this position is untenable at law. If they, the OFT that is, try to maintain this position long term its likely they will end up with egg on their face.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi everyone,

this is my first time so bear with me. i was facinatated reading the links for bank charges that i today rang abbey requesting my last 6 years banks charges and transactions, i was cut off first time!!! the guy i spoke to said that i would be charged £10, i now wonder if i should also put my request in writing, can anyone help please?

Hi all, some advice needed please;

Firstly i have a couple of different claims going for different credit cards, do i need to start a new thread for each one or can i ad them all to my Becky v Abbey thread?

Secondly, i sent out my letter to Barclays asking for a refund of all my charges. They have now sent me a letter explaining that they will reply by 26th September, but this does not comply with my deadline which i set (14 Days) what should i do? Do i allow them the extra time they need or do i ignore their deadline of the 26th Sept and send the LBA letter on the 14th Sept as i already informed them i would in my previous letter?

Im not sure what to do, please help

Becky

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

Firstly i have a couple of different claims going for different credit cards, do i need to start a new thread for each one or can i ad them all to my Becky v Abbey thread?

Secondly, i sent out my letter to Barclays asking for a refund of all my charges. They have now sent me a letter explaining that they will reply by 26th September, but this does not comply with my deadline which i set (14 Days) what should i do? Do i allow them the extra time they need or do i ignore their deadline of the 26th Sept and send the LBA letter on the 14th Sept as i already informed them i would in my previous letter?

Becky

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

Becky

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

er excuse me not sure about little comment karny about me being impatient true though and i do jump in to quickly i concede.firstly i think you need to do seperate threads on the specific site for each credit card secondly dont be intimidated by scare tactics there trying to make you accept it by scaring you stick to timescale and carry on with case hope this helps becky

Thanks Kia for you advice, i will start individual threads for each one and i have just found out how to add the little headings underneath where who and how much goes, so il add that to.

Thanks Again

Becky

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

How do you put those headings in, I would like to know as can not work it out. As for the offer of money less the £12, that is an insult as the charges imposed on your account as well as everyone elses was unlawful and this is almost an admission of it. It is not like a one of error this has been going on for years, and I would find it difficult to believe that all the high street banks of this country did not know they were unlawfully taking money from their customers for years. I doubt weather a Judge would be able to side with the banks on this issue either. I am requesting full repayment as I sugest you do, when we make a mistake and there is not enough money in our account to pay something does Abbey just ignore it or only take enough to cover their costs, no they whack you big time, so give them the same treatment they have dished out to you. Best wishes.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Me Again!!

I realy would appreciate anyones help regarding the following:

I have recieved a letter from MBNA explaining that they will refund me £150 to my account on the basis that it is a final settlement. even though i have asked for £275 to be refunded. They have stated that the offer is one of goodwill, and They expect me to honour the revised terms of agreement with them. If i do not do so, they will have no alternative but to cancel my card and to formally terminate my credit agreement!!! (They have now lowered their charges to £12)

What should i do????

I want to persue them for the remainder of the money, but do not want to end up with a default on my account as i still have a balance of £3000 on my credit card with them

Please help x

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

i think no dont quote me on this but i would accept that payment but still pursue them for the rest as there only refunding what the oft told them to do.Don not accept it as final payment it is illegal to charge that much and they know it but it is up to you they could still stop the credit card so be prepared can you not change cards.Also there not allowed to enter a default against you for illegal charges so id remind them of that be tough with them act like you mean business even if you dont hope it helps xxKia

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i started work this evening at 18:00 and came straight to this web site as it is now time to set up court action for several companies. It is now 02:40 and i still have no clue!!! Please help

Im lost,

a: How do i calculate the intrest?

b: Do i have to claim the intrest?

c: do i have to notify abbey etc.. of the change of ammount that i am appling for as it now includes the intrest?

d: Do i just go onto the moneyclaim web site and set up the court date there? if so, do i have to send out any other letters to anyone i.e the courts or abbey?

c: Once completed the form on moneyclaim is there any thing eles that i need to do?

I have sent many letters asking for repayment and have only received goodwill gestures, i sent them another letter summerising what i wanted refunded minusing their repayments of goodwill gestures that i accepted with the new total and explained that they can expect a letter in a few days from the courts with a date to attend. I have followed all the steps but now have gotten lost. Is there much point in me asking for the intrest to be refunded? Would it look better in court if i was only to ask for what i am owed without the intrest?

Any info would be gratefully appreciated

Becky x :confused:

==========================================================

a. There are a variety of different spreadsheets on the template forums, Simply fill in the dates and amounts of charges and it automatically calculates the interest. The county court allows you to claim 8% from the date of the charge. There is a large movement towards claiming the Contractural rate of interest which can be up to 30%. There are lots of threads on this and will need some research on your part before you go down this line

b. No you dont but why wouldnt you they have had your money !!!

c. No the Court automatically add the interest you have included on your claim form when they send it to the bank

d. No its all done for you. A court date will only be set for your local court when the bank have notified their intention to defend and both parties have completed the allocation questionaire which will be sent to your by the court

e. Keep logging on to the web site it gives you an update if the bank have replied. If the judgement button is available 28 days after the service date you can apply for a judgement on line.

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

• 10 months later...

Hi, both my Abbey & Monument claims have been stayed as instructed by the courts. I didn't attend court on the orginal court date due to my claim being stayed. What shall i do now? I cannot aply for the stay to be lifted as my court date was for the 21st August 2007 which has now passed.

Do i wait for the courts to contact me? (They orginally sent me a letter aprox 5 days before my court date informing me the claim has been stayed)

Will the courts contact me?

Many Thanks x

29/08/06 - LBA Sent