Barclays cannot find any records in my name - what do I do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a bank account with Barclays bank in the 1990's, and had 2 loans with them during this time. I paid PPI on the loans, my husband had pre-existing medical condition (Type 1 diabetes) and it was indicated on the phone I would have more chance of being accepted if I took PPI.

I do not have any documentation at all regarding the current account/loans.

I sent the template SAR request letter from the CAG library here , including all 3 addresses I have lived at, and not limted to the last 6 years.

Their reply states

" I regret we are unable to locate any records in your name. Could you please therefore supply any further details you have about the account - such as the branch sorting code and account number, when it was opened and closed and any documentary evidence supporting existence of the facility within our records - for example, an old statement or letter.It would also be useful to know any previous addresses you may have used"

I supplied all addresses, I do not have any account documentation. Is there anything else I can do?

many thanks

Hi

While they may have some documentation going back that far, if the account has been closed for over 5-6 years, they have no responsibility to keep any documentation after this time.

They are likely to have put old details on to computer disk (but not currently on file)or microfiche which would be a complete nighmare to search and could be classed as disproportionate effort.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If there is any other way to get old account details then you could try that.

Sometimes a credit reference agency will have the details going back that far.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE