I have chance to sublet my flat for 2 weeks - what happens to JSA/HB/?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is a complicated one...I have the chance to sublet my flat for 2 weeks and make some £££s but am in receipt of JSA, HB and SMI.

I would sign off for the 2 week period and declare my income but am worried that it would affect the SMI which has a 13 week wait period so it would all be pointless.

Thanks for your help - would be so great to get a bit of money somehow!

if its a council or Housing association property you wont be allowed to and if you do and are found out you will be evicted. If its your own property and with a mortgage you wont be allowed to either.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Some mortgage companies are happy with subletting, they do need to know and you will need special landlord insurance etc. and a gas certificate and boiler certificate dated within a year etc. so there are quite a few costs. If you don't have that your insurance is invalid and you'd need to provide a tenancy agreement or you'd have no legal right to ask them to leave.