Natwest took my money

woodpecker01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: I had 2 accounts with NatWest a currant & savings, I used the currant as my main accout & had 3 monthly direct debits set up the 1st was for £1.00, The 2nd for £2.50 & the 3rd for £31.98, All three are paid together on the same date to the same company. On 23rd May 2006 I did`nt have enough funds in my account to cover them and guess what happened next, Yes NatWest charged me 3 times for bank charges total amout £114.00 and no letter informing me of the charges, Then again on 30th May 2006 I was charged another £114.00 again no letter informing me of the charges, Then again on 5th June 2006 another £114.00 and again no letter informing me of the charges, Thats 9 bank charges over 13 days total amount £342.00.

I then decided to change over and use the savings account as the main account and not use the currant account as NatWest would proberly close the currant account if I dont pay up, Guess what happened next, I had £335.00 in my savings account on 7th September 2006, I took £30.00 out which left me with £305.00, On 8th September 2006 I needed to take some more money out but the cash point would`nt let me take any money out, It would`nt even let me look at my balance I tried 3 different machines and just got a message telling me to contact my bank.

I went home to check my balance on the internet bank and I was shocked with what I saw the savings account was`nt even there and the £305.00 was transfered to the currant account, I got straight on the phone to Natwest and all they had to say was that When a account has been overdrawn for so long They can transfer funds into it and then close accounts.

Who gives Natwest the right to control your money this is stealing, They should not be allowed to transfer your money to another account without your permission, They also should`nt be allowed to close a account that is in credit without your permission, I don`t know if there is a law on this but there should be one, If anyone knows if there is a banking law on this please let me know as I would like to take NatWest to court for doing this if they have broke the law.

I'm sorry but NatWest can do that because the other account was overdrawn. I would think that the account was probably transferred to Credit Management Services. When you have two accounts you are liable for any debt on the either one which means NatWest can and have done this. But you can go after them for the charges which I presume you'll be doing.

THATS WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR, STICK TO IT , I'VE JUST 1 DAY TO GO, IN FACT LOOKING AT THE CLOCK 00.00 1st OCT, the 28 days is up,!!!! NOW !!!!. So I can get judgement by default providing I do not receive a letter on monday.( their time runs out on a sunday "today" So they get an extra day to reply.) Thats a bit of a bummer !.

Good Luck

Chris

:mad: Can anyone tell me what address I should use to send the data protection act letter, I sent a letter of complaint to my local natwest bank 3 weeks ago and got a reply last wednesday before I found this site.

The letter was from Leicester customer service centre and I was given the name of a person to contact by telephone to discuss the matter further, But the envelope the letter came in had a borehamwood address on the back. Do I send it to Leicester addressed to the name of the person I was given or to Borehamwood.

Guest NATTIE

Goggarburn in Edinburgh address in contacts thread, they deal with all DPA. I'm sure you would not want to sink down to the banks level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my statements today and it seems NatWest are trying to be a bit crafty, My step account was opened December 2001 and closed September 2006.

:-o The statements I have received are only from December 2001 - September 2002 during this time I had no direct debits or bank charges, I certainly am not going to pay another £10.00 for the rest of the statements.

Can someone help me, Do I send them another data protection act without the payment of £10.00 or a letter demanding the rest of my statements,

I believe that I should write a letter but would appreciate any ideas of how to word the letter, I have already sent 2 recorded letters to them as they asked for my bank sort code before they could send my statements.

I will now have to send a 3rd recorded letter with a 3rd data protection act label on the envelope, Maybe I should also try a claim the postage for the recorded letters back as well. :-(

:rolleyes: Does anyone know if my local bank would be able to have access to the rest of my statements even though my account is closed as I am thinking of picking them up as it would be quicker than sending a letter.

I would appreciate any advise from Natwest staffmember or anyone else.

Woodpecker the statements come in two batches, NatWest PLC computer system ended October 2nd 2002 and replaced by present day RBSGroup PLC computer system which is October 5th 2002 onwards. The rest of the statements will be with you shortly. The branches can access only up to 1 year of account history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh I see now, It looks like they transfered all my funds from a savings account to pay the overedraft of my step account which was due to bankcharges, This left it at £8.24 Overdrawn then they charged a BDWO of £8.24 which has left the account £16.48 overdrawn.