Being Homeless because of agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on february 16 i found one studio flat and decided to rent it i ve put 500 pound on holding deposit and the agency told me the flat will be ready in couple of weeks , my contract was finishing on 1 of march so i told to my ex landlord to leave flat on 1 of march but on 28 of february agency called me up and told me that flat will be ready on 7 of march then i ve spoke to my exlandlod to give me extra 1 week time after 1 more week unfortunately agency extend the time again for this time to be ready to flat on 16 of march i had to leave flat on 7 of march as my exlandlord find other tenants so at the moment i am staying at my friends house with my wife i dont know what should i do now and i am not sure if i could get in the flat on 16 of march as i am now homeless in this case do i have any rights?

1 more question i rented studio flat 850 pounds a month with all bills inculeds and agency fee 365 pound also 6 weeks deposit as weill is this normal? also on tenancy agreement do i have to mentioned that all bils includes to rent?

Did you get orig date property would be avail in writing and explanatory receipts for all monies paid?

What reasonshas been given for the delays?

There appears to be a verbal contract at least, for supply of property on a specific date. Failure to provide on that date could leave LA/LL open to claim for compensation for your associated ie whatever you pay friend for staying on couch, storage or your contents. Rel small amounts so best to negotiate with LL for 1-2 weeks free after you move in.

i got letter from agency and that was saying property will be available on 24 of feb which wasnt available that day,the reason they making delay flat build new and electricty hasnt been put yet what they are telling me is electricity company told them flat will be ready to move in by the first week of march but still its delaying because of company hasnt finish job yet,how can i claim compansation in this situation do i need to ask agency because i dont know LL and i am dealing with agency and they are telling me they cant do anything